Car Insurance Query DVLA to Broker...

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Car Insurance Query DVLA to Broker...

Post by geoberni »

So I've got Basil and my Modern insured with Footman James.
This afternoon I got home to find a voice mail from someone at FJ saying there was a query over my Car Registration and their records.

Called them back and it was regarding my Modern, which I insured with them last November; it seemed that when they informed DVLA that they were now my insurer for that car, it's taken until now for DVLA to come back to them and query my registration.
Basically, DVLA came back and said that they believed my Modern to be a different registration.
I won't post the reg numbers here, but if $ is a character that is the same and * is a character that is different,
the reg number is $$** **$, so only 3 of the 7 characters are the same, and the 'other' plate is incidentally 2 years newer.
Same Make & Model but different colour.

FJ have the correct registration and I have the correct V5C, so what the hell are DVLA on about and why are they raising a query after 11 months!! DVLA have sent me a renewal notice for the past 8 years!

Looks like DVLA incompetence sinks to new level.....
Basil the 1955 series II

geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Car Insurance Query DVLA to Broker...

Post by geoberni »

Further to this, late last night I suddenly had a lightbulb moment and this morning went down the road 2 houses to confirm with the neighbour.
The other registration was their former car, one they traded in a few months ago.
Some ass at the DVLA must've confused them because of the same Post Code. let's not let a house number and Registered Keeper name confuse matters........

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Basil the 1955 series II