E scooters

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: E scooters

Post by stuffedpike20 »

It sounds as if you made a soap opera about the life of a modern police officer in the UK; it would be so far fetched that nobody would believe it!
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:23 am It sounds as if you made a soap opera about the life of a modern police officer in the UK; it would be so far fetched that nobody would believe it!
Yep, too busy believing the 'action packed' Cop programmes, not realising that the car on nights in Skegness is probably the only vehicle for 40-50 miles...... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Mike thinks the police are run by a 'liberal elite'
Why would you want to work for a police force in a state run by a PC liberal elite
No, I said and believe that the state is run by a liberal elite, unelected and behind the scenes. In that sense it doesn't matter which political colour is in power.
That said, if Momentum ever get into power (currently shielding behind Sir Keir Starmer) then we will be in trouble...............
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Post by stuffedpike20 »

I don't understand. Dominic Cummings is the real Prime Minister, (unelected and behind the scenes) . Are you saying that HE is the liberal elite?
JHarley
Minor Fan

Post by JHarley »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:02 am Not really a Morris Minor issue; but I wonder what other members think about the fact that E scooters will soon be allowed on the roads and pavements of the U.K.?
Thanks, John.
I know I’m a bit late on this, but I’ll but my two pence in anyway.

I think it’s a great idea, so long as we all share and find a way to get along with all the methods of transport on the roads and pavements.

Take cyclists as an example, now I know a lot of car drivers aren’t fans of cyclists, but we’ve all got to respect each other, my father knows cyclists (he cycles competitively and for pleasure) who have been knocked into comas by bad drivers, not obeying road traffic safety laws. Equally, if cyclists are being idiots, tell them politely, they aren’t exempt either.

I think the reason a lot of people use the pavement for these scooters and bikes is because getting hit by a reasonably fast moving car is a common threat and such incidents occur often.

In short: As long as everyone is cautious, polite and respectful, I’m all for it.

Though in today’s world I doubt that will happen...
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK.

The proud owner of Alan, a 1966 Trafalgar Blue Traveller.