Who's had the Covid vaccine? Anyone going to refuse it?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Pete Bags
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Who's had the Covid vaccine? Anyone going to refuse it?

Post by Pete Bags »

I'm still waiting for my vaccine 'call up papers' and I'm very much looking forward to getting an armful.

How many of you have had it, and are any of you going to refuse to have it?
win
Minor Fan

Re: Who's had the Covid vaccine? Anyone going to refuse it?

Post by win »

We received ours 3 weeks ago, absolutely no problems.
Well done 👍 to all concerned, makes us proud to belong to a great country.
Take care.
Regards Win
South Yorkshire
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

I'm glad you started this topic, I was going to start something similar; just to get a debate going and help to persuade any doubters out there.

We both had our first jab last Saturday. TIP: if one of you gets an invitation, then ask if your other half can be done at the same time. Quite correctly, the doses are allocated to those most in need, but there are usually one or two "no shows", and if your other half is on a reserve list then he/she might get a short notice telephone call to attend for one of the unclaimed doses - much better than it going to waste! However, do not pester your local surgery, wait until you are invited, and note that this approach probably won't work if you use a web booking system for one of the major vaccination centres.

The whole operation was smooth and straight forward. Took just a few minutes and did not hurt at all. There may be some side effects, but they usually kick in between 8 and 24 hours after the jab and are gone in 24 - 48 hours. Contrast that with the thought of 3 months in a coma in an intensive care unit, or even death. I know which I'd rather have.

Vaccination is the way ahead, and the way out of lockdown. Get yours as soon as its offered to you.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I've had mine, 3 days ago.
I don't usually have any adverse effects to vaccinations, I've had plenty in my former military career, and perhaps that's why they hold no concern for me. I've had vaccines for nasty things that you don't get vaccines for any longer.... :o
The only vaccine I ever turned down was the Anthrax one, because I was in a job that would not see me deploy to a potential threat area and it did carry a greater risk of 'feeling terrible' for several days. I could always of changed my mind, if I needed to.

This time around I had a slight 'muscle bruise' feeling the following day, like someone had perhaps been a little exuberant with a friendly punch to the upper arm. But that was it, no other side effects.

I had the Pfizer/BNT one.

I can't be doing with all the fake news that's being put about, playing on peoples fears.
Basil the 1955 series II

mobylette
Minor Fan

Post by mobylette »

I had mine a couple of weeks ago at Guys Hospital, all very efficiently done and was given an NHS coffee to drink :D while I waited 15 minutes in case of any reaction. Next day had a slight headache and that was it. Can't recommend it highly enough, and the latest figures are amazing especially for the over 80's. So good to have something to be optimistic about.
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

My wife and I have both had our first ‘ jab ‘ at our local GPs ( Bridgnorth ) . No effects , we didn’t even feel the injection 👍😀
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

I happily accepted the offer too. Once we are allowed out and about I will feel more comfortable meeting with others. I cannot imagine why anybody would turn it down. I felt no side effects at all. Good job done :)
cococola
Minor Fan

Post by cococola »

Im waiting for my invite and Iam looking forward to getting it done.
Morris Minors..... such fun :D
KeithL
Minor Fan

Post by KeithL »

I'm far too young to have been invited to have mine yet. :D

squire
Minor Friendly

Post by squire »

Had my first jab on 14th, Feb, Valentine's day 💉🙄. Had a slight headache later on coupled with who's punched my arm and bruised it feeling.
Can't understand all the doubters, they obviously haven't lost anyone to it, sadly a couple of very good friends of mine succumbed to it 🙁
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

We had ours almost a month ago - had early invite as front line social care workers - and pretty much ALL my colleagues had a couple of days feeling under the weather, or a bit tired, or sore arm, or SOMETHING. But me, I didn't get so much as a twinge. I'm half convinced they gave me an empty jab!
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

I had my Pfizer one on Feb 11th. Had a bit of a sore upper arm (site of jab), only at night if I slept on it, for a couple of nights.

George.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
Propshaft
Minor Fan

Post by Propshaft »

Had mine on the 29th Feb at Newark showground really well organised wife wasn't due to have hers but she went with me and they jabbed her their and then no after effects if you haven't had it make sure you get booked in
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I've seen some reports that Pfizer/BNT seems to have less reported 'side effects' on 1st jab than the Oxford/AZ one.
I've put quotes on 'side effects' as I don't really regard a slight ache in the arm for a few hours as any such thing; you can't expect to have anything jabbed into a muscle and expect absolutely nothing.

I've also heard that from the initial period where some people got both jabs in 3 weeks, there is some indication that the 2nd jab has a little more reaction, due to the body doing what is expected and taking action to seek out the virus markers.

So I'm quite happy to find out.

I'd also be happy to do mix n'match with a different vaccine next time, as there is plenty of historic evidence from other vaccination trials that a mix of vaccines results in even better protection, since the body has been given 2 different aspects of the virus to look out for.
Basil the 1955 series II

panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

I had the Oxford one just over a week ago - early because asthmatic. Absolutely no problems not even a sore arm. My wife received the Pfizer one last Wednesday, again no side affect at all, which is unusual as she normally get a dead arm after the flu jab.
The vaccination centre was so well organised and free flowing it made the experience stress free and easy.
COMMANDER
Minor Fan

Post by COMMANDER »

My wife and I have both had our first dose of the Pfizer stuff a month age. Bring on dose number two.
Rasputin
Minor Fan

Post by Rasputin »

Wife and I both had the Oxford jab two weeks ago,no side affects for either of us.
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

Had my first one on the 7th January hoping for my second one soon.
[img]jpg[/img]
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

burnham28 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:50 am Had my first one on the 7th January hoping for my second one soon.
Have you got to wait for them to contact you?
Current practice seems to be that you're given 2nd app't when you have 1st Jab, or some online bookings are even booking both while you're applying.
I know mine will be 8 May 11:50.
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

No one in their right mind will turn it down.
That said, I am given to understand that there are some groups (ethnic minorities etc.) that seem reluctant to / are refusing to have it.
I'm afraid I take the view that, whilst we should try to persuade them, if they continue to refuse it then that in itself should not delay the end of lockdown / restrictions.
If they choose to take the risk, then that is their choice and should not impact on the rest of us and the return of our freedoms / freedom of movement.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)