Who's had the Covid vaccine? Anyone going to refuse it?

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Matt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Who's had the Covid vaccine? Anyone going to refuse it?

Post by Matt »

I know I was head of the curve, but I got my 1st Jab on the 5th May (age 36) and 2nd jab on 16th June...

My twin however is still waiting for the 2nd one and is still a few weeks away
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Post by Bowie69 »

Monty-4 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:06 am Finally got my second dose, was quite a wait for those in their thirties.

Still feels premature to de-mask and risk hurting others when only ~50% of the population are vaccinated. I read the higher R rate of the Delta variant means we'll need to be at over 80% coverage (that includes immunity from infection, but lets choose to risk as few people as possible) before we can think about herd immunity.

Hardly patriotic or nice to endanger others over a dislike for a little bit of cloth on your face when inside public spaces.
This recent antibody survey shows we have 92% people with antibodies, and therefore resistance to the disease:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... tafortheuk

...and this shows that 69% of the adult population (kids won't be vaccinated unless vulnerable) are double-jabbed:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

....and 88% have had one jab.

No idea where 50% comes from?
Monty-4
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Monty-4 »

54% including under-18s.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Lets hope we've seen the last of restrictions and lockdowns.
Mind you, as the numbers who have been vaccinated once and / or twice continues to climb the powers that be will have less and less excuse for them anyway.
Plus, to misquote the PM, if we don't unlock now then when?? For some it seems there will never be a right moment.
However, there also will never be a situation where we have 'zero Covid', so we are going to have to learn to live with it.
Vaccine combined with 'herd immunity' have to be the way forward.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Post by Bowie69 »

Monty-4 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:32 pm 54% including under-18s.
To count the people that are never going to be offered the jab is somewhat disingenuous.

Besides, the antibody survey says 93% have protection.... kids make sup more than 7% of pop.
Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

Disingenuous implies intent to deceive, which isn't very nice. Such is the nature of discourse on the internet, though.

Good news on the antibodies, lets see what the level of protection that gives against against developing symptomatic COVID-19. That isn't a given, according to the US CDC at least, one might even call it disingenuous to suggest as much.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’ve got a feeling that some thing are here to stay, an example is a local council refuse tip near me, and possibly further afield. A booking is needed on line to get a date and time slot, if another trip is required it has to be at least one month from the first, quite likely increasing the practice of fly tipping. However Its an opportunity to control people, authorities of a certain persuasion won’t give that up easily. Time will tell.
Bowie69
Minor Fan

Post by Bowie69 »

Monty-4 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:49 pm Disingenuous implies intent to deceive, which isn't very nice. Such is the nature of discourse on the internet, though.
It's a figure being bandied around by the doom-mongering press, so, I wasn't targeting you with the accusation of deception, but the press, apologies.

They do love a good dose of fear-mongering in the morning.
Clayton James
Minor Friendly

Post by Clayton James »

You should never refuse to get the anti-covid vaccine, as what they say is the battle of the unvaccinated versus the new variant of covid. Some countries are on lockdown again, Australia extended the two weeks lockdown yesterday.
Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

Notwithstanding that not all countries in the world have reliable statistics, Australia is in comparison hardly worth mentioning. The hot spots in the world are USA, indonesia, Brazil, india and UK. The latter being the most prolific in Europe.

source

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#main_table
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

les wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:36 pm I’ve got a feeling that some thing are here to stay, an example is a local council refuse tip near me, and possibly further afield. A booking is needed on line to get a date and time slot, if another trip is required it has to be at least one month from the first, quite likely increasing the practice of fly tipping. However Its an opportunity to control people, authorities of a certain persuasion won’t give that up easily. Time will tell.
Every Recycling Centre operator (generally the County Council, unless you Live in a city) seems to have made up their own rules on booking.
Ours was 3 appointments in a 2 week period, same day is needed, but now booking is not required.
Basil the 1955 series II

Pete Bags
Minor Fan

Post by Pete Bags »

When I went for my second jab the nurse said "I see you have an iron deficiency."
I said "how can you tell"
She said "Your shirt's really creased"
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Only fools would refuse the vaccine covid kills :evil:
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

irmscher wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:26 pm Only fools would refuse the vaccine covid kills :evil:
I agree... but with some exceptions. There are people out there where there are genuine and legitimate concern that the medical risks associated with taking the vaccine are more significant that taking the vaccine... but this would have been advised by a medical professional, not fearmongering on youtwitface etc
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

[/quote]
not fearmongering on youtwitface etc
[/quote]
You mean one doesn’t grow another pair of arms? :o
My neighbour regrets his appointment, On the plus side, he won’t need to buy anymore ink for his printer
BCBD5126-C88E-4007-B3C7-D8AC5ECA1B3E.jpeg
BCBD5126-C88E-4007-B3C7-D8AC5ECA1B3E.jpeg (551.43 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

A friend I saw the other day said when he had the first jab he had no side affects but had his second one and the next day landed in hospital for 11 days and lost a stone in weight but is alright now.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Could be worse, have you heard about the German Nurse who has been injecting Saline Solution instead of vaccine.... :o :o
Claiming she only did it to 6 people.....
https://www.dw.com/en/saline-instead-of ... a-58848637
Basil the 1955 series II

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Apparently they have found another new strain :o
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

I helped out at a pop-up vaccination clinic in our village on Saturday. Despite it being a very hot and humid day everyone queued patiently, and it was great to see so many youngsters coming along.
Our youngest client was 12 years old, the oldest a lovely 95 year old lady who doesn't go out much and hadn't bothered to accept offers to get her vaccinated until her visiting grandchildren persuaded her to get it done. We also arranged her second jab for a day and time to suit her.
At the end of the session the nurses were doing quick tests for people who wanted to go to an indoor concert that night and haven't got a vaccine pass. The vast majority of them were of an age to have been eligible for vaccination for months now. I couldn't stand the ignorant anti-vax comments being made by some, I moved away and started clearing up chairs and tables.