Filthy Lucre

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Filthy Lucre

Post by Sleeper »

Chatty Alan Carr and Owain Wyn Evans can both go on the list...

And I'm not being Homophobic my wife is a male.

John ;-)
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

I agree, plus; Graham Norton, James Cordon, Gok Wan, David Walliams, Josh Witticombe, Russell Howard, David Mitchell, Bill Nighy & that asian guy with the lazy eye....🤬

All as appealing as the lumps of liquorice in the cats' litter tray!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I agree, plus; Graham Norton, James Cordon, Gok Wan, David Walliams, Josh Witticombe, Russell Howard, David Mitchell, Bill Nighy & that asian guy with the lazy eye....🤬
Ah, but because they were nurtured on the milk of political correctness, they think they have a God Given Right to lecture to the rest of us.
At least that's what I see them doing........
I think they think they're funny, I think they have no idea what humour is.............
Unfortunately they younger generation tend to swallow this PC indoctrination cr*p whole..............
Now, if they were all stood at a bus stop and were all mown down by a runaway bus, that would be hilarious!......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Show the younger generation an episode of "The Likely Lads", "Fawlty Towers", "Blackadder 2/3/4" or "Porridge" and it would go WAY over their heads, apparently foul mouthed sexual innuendo & childish quiz shows is hilarious these days.

Same goes for modern music - although every grumpy old man complains about it - however, I remember instrumental versions of songs being available, hard pressed for this to work now, remove a whining voice or some inncoherant shouting and what remains is nothing that could be described as catchy or melodic.

Grumpy Mr.Pomm
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Political correctness has been mentioned, I’ve been hearing lately the term ‘vaccine hesitancy’ I’ve never actually heard anyone in the media tell us, or even investigate the reasons why some don’t want the vaccine. If they don’t want it, they don’t want it but why, is it classified?

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

I also worry as regards Brexit, we joined the CM in a time of low unemployment & the UK owned lots of industry - both making and exporting stuff - 50yrs down the line, with mass unnemployment, industry now in the hands of other countries, and we voted OUT, giving power to the very people & politicians who sold all our nationalized industries to line their pockets!

Chances are, where most will take the patriotic "Britain rules the waves" view, I'm in the minority with this opinion, though, I believe, it IS within the Filthy Lucre category!
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

les wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:30 pm Political correctness has been mentioned, I’ve been hearing lately the term ‘vaccine hesitancy’ I’ve never actually heard anyone in the media tell us, or even investigate the reasons why some don’t want the vaccine. If they don’t want it, they don’t want it but why, is it classified?
It's not a single category, more a catch all for various clusters.

A - Just generally Anti-Vax whatever.
B - Anti Vaccines that have been developed in less than a decade, because they can't comprehend 'normal timescales' of scraping funding together etc with Pandemic measures where money is no problem and Labs cooperate.
C - Those anti the 'new vaccines' whereas a traditional vaccine put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not the new mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies.
D - Those where Immigrant families are from countries where the 'Authorities' are mistrusted whatever they do.
E - Religious fanatics who would rather pray their way out of anything. Jehovah Witnesses would fall into this group most likely, as would a lot of the USA Bible Belt.
F- The I'm young so it won't affect me - I don't know anyone who's had it, group
G - All other whack jobs who think the Pandemic doesn't exist and it's an invention of the 'Global Conspiracy' intended to depopulate the globe, linked to 5G masts, inserting tracker micobots into your arm, generally the likes of those that thought Trump was the saviour who was going to reveal the conspiracy of a global paedophile ring linked to Epstein and other big names, all akin to Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code...

Some people easily fit into more than one category and Cat G can be subdivided.....
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

That gives me enough to be getting on with ! :)

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I caught a glimpse of a news report this morning, another reason mentioned for ‘vaccine hesitancy’ apparently some think it makes you grow another pair of hands ! Just think how easy assembling the balls in a synchro hub would be.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

les wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:47 am I caught a glimpse of a news report this morning, another reason mentioned for ‘vaccine hesitancy’ apparently some think it makes you grow another pair of hands ! Just think how easy assembling the balls in a synchro hub would be.
I saw that this morning too. :lol:
One of the more ludicrous examples of the garbage circulating, and hopefully originally posted by someone being sarcastic, but these days you just can't tell.
I was looking at some of the comments on a Twitter post a few days ago.
One of the Responses was along the lines of 'My friend had her 2nd jab and then 5 days later had a heart attack, now she's bleeding from her bum..'
So the 2nd jab preceded her friend having a heart attack, from which she presumably survived, as now her friend has got Haemorrhoids..... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

Have just been listening to some old episodes of round the horn. Now that was real comedy.
[img]jpg[/img]
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Could NEVER get away with Not the Nine O'Clocks' "Constable Savage" sketch now!!

The PC fraterity would see red & have STEAM coming out of their ears!!!
Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Ahem, an interesting juxtaposition of the two posts above this one...
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Well he was loitering with intent to use a zebra crossing, Sir.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Do youngsters not listen to things now, Newsquiz still funny, albeit has lost a bit since the passing of Jeremy Hardy....

Monty Python's the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch & the Lumberjack song, younger generation don't seem to pick up & recognise irony, sarcasm nor wit.

Moan, moan, moan.....😖
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

What about Samuel Johnson book sketch, from Blackadder? A lesson to be learnt there, publishing books or even a booklet ! :wink:
There’s always the chance of a missing entry! :D

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:35 pm What about Samuel Johnson book sketch, from Blackadder? A lesson to be learnt there, publishing books or even a booklet ! :wink:
There’s always the chance of a missing entry! :D
He he...

Yes, just like Prince George's opinion of Samuel Johnson's dictionary, NO story!

As stated before, certainly, the LCV book could have been done & dusted long ago IF I'd simply copied from other publications, NOT investigating further, would anyone in their right mind buy a book containing the same old bumf that was wrong 50yrs ago(?).
However, must bear TWO things in mind; when it comes to obtaining ALL info from vehicles, it's like getting blood from a stone AND the book is pretty much a solo part-time project.

Of course, NOT helped by ppl eager for a copy of the END product - not appreciating the amount of detail & updated information I'm aiming for - but are not so enthusiastic to help during it's composition.

Tbh, should have been an "MMOC Minor Commercial Register" set up years ago - anyone going to raise their hands(?) - sure owners far more likely to divulge their vehicles info to an "official" set up rather than a nobody like yours truly!🤣

pommreg@gmail.com or 07846033956
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I don’t know why you keep bringing this subject up. As you mentioned earlier, booklet publication is cancelled for fear of identity theft, (although from when the initial offer was made this possibility was known) and that’s why some people keep their vehicle details to themselves. Of course those that do reveal details, it figures that they presumably would not object to those details being available, and don’t forget, the people eager for a copy were the ones who responded to being asked to flag their interest in obtaining a copy in the first place. However its academic now.

Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Banning strip clubs.Is nothing sacred.Not had the please yet.Give us a chance Ha Ha
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

les wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:56 pm I don’t know why you keep bringing this subject up. As you mentioned earlier, booklet publication is cancelled for fear of identity theft, (although from when the initial offer was made this possibility was known) and that’s why some people keep their vehicle details to themselves. Of course those that do reveal details, it figures that they presumably would not object to those details being available, and don’t forget, the people eager for a copy were the ones who responded to being asked to flag their interest in obtaining a copy in the first place. However its academic now.
Referring to an LCV book

Unlike the 2001 listing, don't record owners' details - wee Willy McDonald of 14, Angus Rd, Isle of Bute - tbh has no historical relevance.

Due an article in Minor Matters, hopefully explain things a bit better.🤣