custom web site.

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
badobsession
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

custom web site.

Post by badobsession »

what has happened to the custom web site :o

SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN .
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Do you mean this one? http://custommod.mmoc.org.uk/

Eric - 1971 Traveller
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

yes hasn't had any updates since 07 by the look of things
shame really .

Julesgti
Minor Friendly

Custom & Modified Register Web site

Post by Julesgti »

The register was split into two sections, one for the paperwork side of register and then the web-site for those that do not have internet access.

Unfortunately we have not been able to get hold of Lee (who looked after the web-site) Last posting on the MMOC forum from Lee was back in Dec 2008.

I am currently talking with Rosie hamilton as to the best way to resolve this, as there are many keen people able to take over.

The register has alot to offer and I feel that the web-site is the way forward.

I will endeavour to keep you informed.

Regards,

Jules
:)
Julesgti
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

I don't think there is much mileage in restarting a custom section. I've been a regular on the Minor Mania site for years now, and even there is becoming quieter of late (other Minor sites are just about dead on their feet - which is a shame), with really only a few stalwarts contributing. Why not join up over there and liven it up a bit?
www.minormania.com

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
rv8
Minor Fan

Post by rv8 »

ditto 8) , but dont leave us here alone :o
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

Yes i agree with you Pete it all has gone a bit on the quite side re customs
but i am seeing some good customs out and about and they have no connection to the m.m.o.c and do not use this forum. maybe a dedicated uk forum or web site would be nice we could then promote it at shows etc.

Jules thanks for the reply and please do try and see what you can find out .
there is a need i think for a uk based web forum for us custom minors.

and RV8
i aint going to leave
:wink: :wink:
come to think i was registered on minor mania just cant remember my password :evil:
working on it ...might see you on 8)

badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

Woooo just got logged on to minor mania site and i registered back in 2006 ..........
got a lot of catching up to do see ya all in a week or 2 :lol: :lol: :lol:

frosty
Minor Friendly

Post by frosty »

badobsession wrote:Yes i agree with you Pete it all has gone a bit on the quite side re customs
but i am seeing some good customs out and about and they have no connection to the m.m.o.c and do not use this forum. ...
That would probably be because of the cardigan brigade or it's against the T&C's..... :evil:
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

The thing is, customising Minors really isn't a big scene. Since 1972 when I got into Minors, I've either had my car looked down on by the hotrodders, or by the traditional minor owner. This has changed over the years, but I was reminded recently by a guy I've known for years (who is a hotrodder) of this when he asked when I was going to get a decent car. He was left in no uncertain terms that I have the cars I want thank you very much. So, yes, there is still snobbery out there, but I think because there are so few of us, a worldwide site like Minor Mania fulfills the modifying need for us all. I really think that starting or restarting a custom section on here would be futile. I think most interested parties are already elsewhere.

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

I'd like to see an upto date web based section on both Mod and custom Minors. We are long overdue bringing this section into the new century rather than constantly harp on about mods that were popular in the 80,s as if all mods stopped then.
I can see a growing section for a good site as there are many folk on here with modified minors. If we can make it good enough then maybe we can encourage more non members and coverts to participate.
At work we are constantly being contacted by owners of modified Minors, who often just need pointers or basic info, to have it here would be a real bonus. I feel too that a growing number of owners are deciding to modify their cars for modern driving situations.

badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

i think if it was to be done it would have to be a separate web site as is the custom one i first asked about as not every one is keen to use this forum (from talking to others i meet at the shows ) and as Pete says snobbery and negative people on this forum that look down on customs.
and just as Jonathon says it should be a more up to date and cover all aspects of custom / modifying of minors .
there are people out there that would just love to improve there morris but are put off by the :evil: and tutting that goes on................................ ...........................................................................

Sorry had to delete a lot of this post out as i just started to rant on about
the haters :( of customs

badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

suggestion.....
can one of the moderators put up a poll to see what percentage of members on this forum have custom minors and by customs that will include you modified guys .
8)

frosty
Minor Friendly

Post by frosty »

suggestion.....
can one of the moderators put up a poll to see what percentage of members on this forum have custom minors and by customs that will include you modified guys .
.... Oh Oh... I can hear the mothballs quivering in the cardigans.....
We're friendly ~ have a look see
http://www.morrisdownunder.com/forum/index.php
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

can one of the moderators put up a poll
Anyone can add a poll when posting a new topic. You just use the 'add a poll' buttons at the bottom of the message box. Why are you asking a moderator to do this? :-?
snobbery and negative people on this forum that look down on customs.
I haven't noticed any of this on the forum. People on here will help out and offer advice to everyone regardless of whether they have a standard, modified or custom car.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

I didn't say that there was snobbery and negative people on this forum (sorry if there was a misunderstanding), but my comments reflect my general impressions gained in 37 years of running modded minors.
As a gauge of interest in modded minors - how many replies has this thread had?
I rest my case. :wink:

Pete
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

badobsession wrote:i think if it was to be done it would have to be a separate web site as is the custom one i first asked about as not every one is keen to use this forum (from talking to others i meet at the shows ) and as Pete says snobbery and negative people on this forum that look down on customs.
and just as Jonathon says it should be a more up to date and cover all aspects of custom / modifying of minors .
there are people out there that would just love to improve there morris but are put off by the :evil: and tutting that goes on................................ ...........................................................................

Sorry had to delete a lot of this post out as i just started to rant on about
the haters :( of customs
OK I can understand your frustration (sorry I dont know your name its not shown on your postings) but I am not aware of any looking down on customs & modified on the forum and even at Rally's I can't say I have been aware of much but not having a custom maybe I have missed the sort of remarks you suffer from, can you please quote examples from this website as I am not aware of a problem.
I will put a pole up on your behalf but it will have to have two sections as both modified and custom have completely different aims on why their owners have taken their preffered route of conversion.

As for Frosty's mothballs & cardigans remark it doesn't apply to the moderators on here as you would be surprised how young some of us are (excluding me of course) and you would also be surprised to hear that a few of also run modified cars as well, you must be thinking of those down under :wink:

I also take Pete's view on the scene as his has been involved in this for a long time, but remember its a double edged sword I know you will find it hard to believe but you will find the concours people also complain of similar things, when I get the occasional nudge in my direction I always respond with I dont remember critising your car so why are you critising mine.
To be perfectly honest I wouldnt give a custom Moggie houseroom so to speak (well not at the moment as I can change my mind at a moments notice) but I always have a good look over them and often admire the quality of the engineering and painwork skills that have been used.

Right I had better stop now its starting to sound like a sermon sorry.
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

Hi Kevin found the other post before i read this one .
my name is Mark Winton and have been involved in morris minors for around 30 years .

what i was looking to do was bring all mod/custom minors to a place where they can retrieve all the information they are looking for .

you have in your post segregated modified and customs
.Quote.
{I will put a pole up on your behalf but it will have to have two sections as both modified and custom have completely different aims on why their owners have taken their preffered route of conversion.}
you have picked me up wrong i do not want to separate mod/customs
i was looking for a pole to see how many members are running mod/ custom minors over say standard /concourse cars .
it was to prove that alot of members have and want to have minors that they can use and are user friendly .

and there is a need for a custom/ modified site.

your comment was spot on
Q. I always respond with I dont remember critising your car so why are you critising mine.
mark..