Llandow re-visited

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jonathon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Llandow re-visited

Post by jonathon »

Just thought I'd throw out an open invitation to anyone interested.
I have been invited back to Llandow on the 19th of June, so if you wish to strap yourself into a noisey, missile driven by an old aged looney do let me know. :D 8)

[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Llandow re-visited

Post by bmcecosse »

Looks great - I wish! :cry:
ImageImage
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Modified Minors are welcome, so now's your chance ! The cost is £80 for the day. If interested PM me or call LLandow direct on

Email:
enq@llandow.com

Telephone:
01446 796460

Circuit Address:
Llandow Circuit
Llandow
Vale of Glamorgan
CF71 7PB

Office Address:
Llandow Circuit
Marcross Farm
Marcross
Llantwit Major
Vale of Glamorgan
CF61 1ZG

GDL
Minor Friendly

Post by GDL »

if i remember i'll come down that day and have a browse.
MartinB
Minor Fan

Post by MartinB »

Jonathon, I found these from your last trackday at Llandow, I expect you have already seen them though:

http://www.stevekilvington.fotopic.net/p64866943.html

Martin

jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Cheers Martin, have seen the pics :D . Quite a few on the kit car forums and CKC magazine will be posting video soon.

Mogwai
Minor Addict

Post by Mogwai »

Booked a place today. Minor wont be ready for this so will be going in the Midget :P
[sig]7538[/sig]
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Yeah !!! good man see you there. Are you camping/B+B or having an early start. 3am leaving for me then 3 hour drive , ready for a days track use :D

Mogwai
Minor Addict

Post by Mogwai »

I haven't told her yet :wink: but should be able to stop at my sisters house near Cardiff . if she says bugger of you cheeky git :lol: its an early start
[sig]7538[/sig]
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

We can offer two more rides now then were full, so roll up ,roll up !!it's free :lol: 8)

jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Well , yet another fantastic day at Llandow. Sunny all day,( burnt my balding head) :D
Arrived early

[frame]Image[/frame]

but the paddock soon filled up with all manner of cars, Westfields,tuned Focus,Citroen's, M3 BMW,Exige etc plus Richards lovely Midget with a tuned 1380 motor, looked, sounded and went very well indeed

[frame]Image[/frame]

We ran about 8, 15 min slots which was more than enough for me.
Really pleased with the latest developments on this car, and the new gearbox,and diff clutch plates, so much smoother and more grip in the corners.
Next one at Llandow is a charity trackday on 21st July, everyone welcome to take a passenger ride :D

[frame]Image[/frame]

MartinB
Minor Fan

Post by MartinB »

Jonathon, glad you had a good day, I hope the oil I put down on the track on Monday wasn't too much of a problem :roll: (yet another blow up!!)

jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Was that with the Radiacl Martin ? :-? . There was a bike engined Raw striker did the same thing, on the bottom corner, made life a bit interesting when powering around the final turn :D

Mogwai
Minor Addict

Post by Mogwai »

Had a great day on track. First time I've been to Llandow, I got a lot quicker as the day went on & got used to the track (only went down the OH S*** lane once when I got my braking a bit wrong :roll: :lol: )

Journey home was eventful as the headgasket suddenly popped between 2 cylinders about 60 miles from home so did the last bit on the back of a recovery truck
[sig]7538[/sig]
MartinB
Minor Fan

Post by MartinB »

Yes it was the Radical, holed a piston at the end of the back straight which then pressurised the crankcase, then blew loads of oil out of the catch tank and even blew the cam cover gasket out plus lots more oil.

I am now putting together a basic atmo 1100 just so I can get out and do some racing, getting a little fed up of just rebuilding the engine all the time, the worst bit is I think this time it was down to operator error. The turbo 1200 has a lot of potential though :D

jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Fiat TC turbo Radical ?? :lol: :wink:

Abarth

Post by Abarth »

Just found this from a google search and registered....

I was in the blue Cinq. Sporting and had to go home at lunch after destroying my NSF tyre - going to take your advice on board and fit some 'magic camber bolts' at some point, to get a few degrees of negative camber on that front end.

The Minor was pretty awesome, seemed to be one of the main attractions of the day.

What surprised me is how refined and civilised it sounded, even at full chat - I wish I'd blagged a passenger run in it now.

That Raw was having a torrid time out there - he passed me on one lap, then I nearly broadsided him at the bus-stop after he lost it, then he came back at me a couple of laps later, blowing his engine and covering my car in oil on the run down to the chicane.
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Hi Abarth :D Hope you got home okay, seemed as if the box was complaining a bit ?. Refreshing to see the Cinq on track and putting in some good laps, real shame about the tyre though. Hope to visit LLandow a few more times this year so if you follow this thread I'll let you know when we are there next, more than welcome to take a passenger ride.
Seems that the bottom of the straight is a favourite place for blowing motors :D
See you soon :D

Abarth

Post by Abarth »

I'll keep watching - will definitely get back this year - it's only 25-ish miles away for me.

The box is fine - what isn't fine is my bodged gear selector - the car came with a nasty plastic gearstick and push to reverse - I hacked this off and jammed the collar down when I fitted a leather knob, but need to find a way to keep it jammed down, as it keeps slackening off.

Don't suppose anyone got any pics of me on the track, did they? - I have some video (sound is rubbish) here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqSkwEmBdik
MartinB
Minor Fan

Post by MartinB »

Yes that was the same place I blew up the engine in the Minor before I built the one that is in it now, is it me???