custom register

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
badobsession
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

custom register

Post by badobsession »

is some one in charge of running this register any more ????
dose any one take to do with running events /shows /club stands etc etc at rallies ???

SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN .
LouiseM

Re: custom register

Post by LouiseM »

badobsession wrote:is some one in charge of running this register any more ????
I contacted the committee a while ago to find out what's happening with the register as a few on here have shown an interest in running it. No response yet but I'll chase it up!

Eric - 1971 Traveller
plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

badobsession wrote:is some one in charge of running this register any more ????
dose any one take to do with running events /shows /club stands etc etc at rallies ???

Are you offering Mark?

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

:lol:
was talking with andi kyle and Amanda Hazlett at the national and we where saying there is no club runs /events /for the custom/modified cars like it use to be . nothing to bring new/young blood in to the club .
we do have the younger members section and that ok if you are young......

But in the past some was organising the custom cars at club events (bit like we did on sunday, if you do not then they get parked all over the shop , better to see them all in a row ) dont you think//
but seams no one dose and it was a shambles at the national this year as far as customs went .
we are suppose to have a custom class and a modified class but they ran out of space and all where lumped in together .
and as always at the back of the show ground .WHY ....

we used to go on mass to other shows as the custom register even had our own banners etc etc
used to organise runs to the drag strip and stuff ... :D
just wondering if any one was doing it thats all not putting my hand up well not yet ..... :wink:

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

In November last year Kevin asked for volunteers who were interested in running the Register website or helping out with the Register to put themselves forward but nobody posted here to say that they were. Despite the complaints it all went very quiet when people were asked to put some effort in themselves: http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=35774

One person has expressed an interest via pm and I have already raised the matter with the committee to find out whether those currently running the Register would like some extra help. Running a Register requires quite a bit of time and effort and requires a long standing commitment (ask Mike Perry if you want to know more about what is involved). If anyone is genuinely interested in helping to run the Register, and has the time to commit to it, please let me know and I'll raise this at the next branch liaison meeting in October.

In the meantime there's nothing to stop anyone organising a run or event themselves, or getting together, going to other rallies / events etc and publicising it on here regardless of what type of Minor they have. You don't need to have a Register to do that :)

Eric - 1971 Traveller
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

thanks for the reply ,
so if we went ahead and organised some thing no one is going to spit the dummy ,
thats why i was asking ....
....let me know if some /any one is stepping up be good to bring all the mod,ed /customs together .

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

badobsession wrote: so if we went ahead and organised some thing no one is going to spit the dummy ,
Why would anyone 'spit the dummy' ? :-? Obviously if you were going to advertise/organise something as an official club event then you would need to contact the club first to discuss but otherwise I can't see why a few people with custom/modded Minors arranging to meet up or do something together would cause a problem prior to the Register becoming more active.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

as I am the person that offered to help...(sorry Louise this is not meant personally and if you would like me to modify any part of this post please let me know. I understand you are doing your best and that these things are out of your hands and you are only the messenger) ..

I initially offered to help a year ago and did some website "mock ups" ( at the request of the person running the register) and got no response. I chased up saying even if you think what I have done is complete rubbish let me know at least I can move things forward.

I did not respond back in November as it suggested I contacted the person running the register.

However I offered again ( via PM ) back in early May, almost 4 months ago, and we still seem to be waiting.. and now we will have to wait until October.. I will wait as i think the modified/custom moggies deserve better. but surely the club should give the person currently running the register an ultimatum of getting their act together or passing it onto someone that will give it a go. i am not saying i will do the best job in the world but at least i will do something and will happily pass the batten on to someone else if they think they can do it better.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Hi Charlie,

I haven't heard anything since May either I'm afraid but I have been chasing it up. Sorry I haven't got any news for you yet but I've sent another e-mail off today and as soon as I hear anything I'll let you know. Hopefully it won't be too much longer! :-?

All the best,

Louise

Eric - 1971 Traveller
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

I haven't heard anything since May either I'm afraid but I have been chasing it up. Sorry I haven't got any news for you yet but I've sent another e-mail off today and as soon as I hear anything I'll let you know. Hopefully it won't be too much longer! :-?

All the best,

Louise[/quote]

:oops: :oops: :oops: this why people get fed up and leave the club :evil: :evil:
i mean MAY......
it takes toooooooo long for the club to do any thing ........
in this day and age with this forum and the like we should be moving forward faster ..... but like the cars they drive it is
sooooooo slow ....
:cry: :cry:

plastic_orange
Minor Legend

Post by plastic_orange »

May be easier to start from scratch. You already know most of the custom guys - a no brainer really. Try the other side for a better response :D

Pete
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/4e634210.jpg[/img] [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/sinky_aps/MorrisRain4.jpg[/img]
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

might just do that pete .......if you ask a question in may and it is now september what chance have we got :oops:
i also think the customs deserve better ... :evil:

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

It seems a common theme to blame everyone else for not doing anything but not want to do something positive yourself. When a request was posted here for volunteers interested in helping out on the Register just one person responded, despite 3 pages of thread from people complaining about nothing being done.

I know that attempts have been made to contact Julian, who runs the Register, but I don't know what else has been going on behind the scenes - there could be all sorts of reasons why those currently running the Register have been unable to do so such as health problems, personal issues etc. As with most things in life, it's generally best to find out the facts first before complaining, jumping to conclusions, making assumptions, stating that 'nothing is being done' etc.

Seems that some here were discussing at the National that nothing was being done but did anyone concerned actually bother to raise this with any of the committee at the time, all of whom were at the rally? Would that have been so difficult to do? Surely it wouldn't have taken any more time or effort than it takes to post complaints or disparaging remarks on a messageboard? I have been trying to find out what is going on, and Charlie has made some enquiries, but I know that huge efforts were being made, by just a small number of people, to make the National the success that it was so it is perhaps understandable that the Custom & Modified Register hasn't been the main priority for the past few months. I am going to raise this at the branch liaison meeting on 2nd October - not because it is my responsibility to do so, or anything to do with me - I am just trying to help others on here. I'll post an update after the meeting but in the meantime posting moans and complaints isn't helpful to anyone.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

From what I gather unless the person running the Register "resigns" officially there's nothing the Club can do. It's very difficult to remove a post from someone when they have volunteered for it, and don't reply to any emails sent. :roll:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Robins
Minor Fan

Post by Robins »

Then maybe someone should pick up the PHONE and ring the chap!! or have people forgotten how this is done!
An email is just far to easy to ignore and deal with that 'later' when we have time, then weeks, months, even years pass and where do we get? NOWHERE. Ring the guy, put him on the spot and ask for a decision, easy.

This is the reason i left the club, everything has to go through the committee, who make it as difficult as possible! Every committee is the same, it's a group of know-it-alls that want to feel important and be in charge and want everything their own way. What is wrong with a quick discussion and a "yes, I like that idea, lets do it".
This is only a car club, not a county council.

People have offered to run the register, so give them a chance.
cheers, Daniel
[img]http://www.daniel-robins.co.uk/becky%20web%20pics/20052.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.daniel-robins.co.uk/archie/10107.jpg[/img]
The pulling power of a Turbo Diesel! The voices may not be real, but they have good ideas.
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Robins wrote:Then maybe someone should pick up the PHONE and ring the chap!! or have people forgotten how this is done!
Exactly! Members don't need 'permission' from the committee to do this, they just need to be a bit proactive themselves. His number is published in the club directory of Registers so there's nothing to stop anyone who wants to know what's happening with the Register, put forward suggestions, or volunteer to help out, from contacting him. I've contacted the committee member responsible for branch/register liaison to make them aware of the comments here regarding the lack of activity on the Custom & Modified Register, and advised that someone has volunteered to help out or take over, but the actual contacting of the current Register holder to find out what's going on can be done by anyone. That's why the Register contacts are published and made accessible to all members - you don't need to be a committee member to pick up a phone and make some enquiries! If the current Register holder wishes to stand down then steps can be taken to appoint a replacement but somebody needs to find out what he wants to do first. As I've already said, I'll raise this at the Branch liaison meeting next month but in the meantime there's nothing to stop anyone with an interest from contacting the Register holder to find out what's happening with it and volunteering to help.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
moggyman64
Minor Friendly

Post by moggyman64 »

Hi All.

Have been reading this tread and totally agree with what Badobsession and others are saying about the lack of interest shown to this register by the MMOC.
Unfortunately we must accept that we the people who Modified and Customise our beloved cars are frowned upon by the so called "purists" in the club. Whether they like it or not the majority of young people who decide to get involved with Minors are coming into the club through the modified and custom classes. This is clearly evident when one is walking round and talking to the fresh new young blood at the Nationals over the past 3 years. Yet the club harp on about having set up a register which is supposed to encourage young people to get involved in the moggy scene, but I feel that if the young people should dare to modify their cars, then they too like us will be left out in the cold. The Youth are afterall the future of the club. I would like to take this opportunity to point out that many members within all the registers have modified there prized cars like us but they dont acknowledge it. Whether it be small or radical modifications, there are just that modifications. Stainless exhaust, heated rear windows, poly bushes and upgraded heaters to name but a few. These aftermaket upgrades detract from the cars being ORIGINAL

I would also like to state that I was so disappointed in the way the club organisers treated the the modified and custom members at this years nationals. As mentioned earlier in the tread we were squeezed into the end corner of the show field, all mixed in together. Herded like cattle with very little room to park and display our cars. I was told to park in such a tight spot that I had to go back and forth several times to get into the dictated position. I thought that this was due to the show field being undersized for the amount of cars that had showed up on the day but I was gobsmacked to see all vast spaces which was left between all the other classes on display. I was furious and voiced my disappointment to one of the marshalls who had shown me where to park, but instead of getting any sort of explanation I got what you all know to be "that look of who do you think you are" shrugged his shoulders, muttered something and he proceeded to walk off.

I entered my car to be judged in modified last year and was lucky enough to win first place. Last year my car was judged by the Elder Beardmore whom during his inspection looked under, over and all round the car whilst his colleague made hand written notes. This was also the case with all the cars that were entered for judging, he spent a good 3-5 minutes at each car. This year I watched in disbelief when the two so called judges ( one very tall and one average height) looked at my car for no more than 10 seconds, it was only a passing glance and the moved off. I then watched their every move during their very brief period of judging. I cant recall exactly how many combined modified and custom cars were on the field to be judged but you all know there were quite a few, and the whole judging process took approx 10 minutes and I'm probably being genorious here. This is not intended to belittle or take anything away from the winners this year they were well deserved but If the club invite us (which they do) to enter our cars for judging (for a fee) then surely the club representitives should treat all the cars and their owners with the respect they deserve by viewing the cars properly and judge the cars according to an agreed set of guide lines.

Whilst at the show I highlighted my disappointment regarding the lack of space and poor quality of judging to some members of various branches, one branch in particular said that they would raise the issues at their up coming liason meeting. The people in this northern branch are very genuine and I thank you for your support.

We in the modified and custom register pay our annual subscriptions and in accepting our monies the club are acknowledging that were are bonifide members so why are we accepting being treated like this???? Correct me if I am wrong but we pay the wages of the persons that are supposed to run our club so lets put pressure on them to sort the problem and show us the respect we deserve. Afterall, we are all stood under the one MMOC umberella.

This post may seem long winded but I had to get it off my chest.

Regards

Keith
Last edited by moggyman64 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

8) 8) well said keith....
Last edited by badobsession on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

I agree with almost everything you said. And although I am into modified minors, if you look at the young members as a whole you may be slightly surprised by how few are actually modded. Also I don't think there are yet any which would be described as 'custom'. A part of this is obviously down to insurance, and as said I personally am into modded, a lot if not most of the active members are not.. Have a look at this pole.. http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=35661
___Anne___

moggyman64
Minor Friendly

Post by moggyman64 »

Hi alex'ane

thanks for the reply, I am aware that many young members are not yet driving modified cars but having spoken to many of them over past shows they show serious interest in eventually getting firmly rooted in this register when funds an insurance premiums permit. But what I am saying is that when that time comes they may not like the protocol and go elsewhere to realise their modding dreams.

Regards

Keith