Mexico Pickup

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
dudford
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Mexico Pickup

Post by dudford »

Here's my current project, a modified 1969 pickup.

Will be running a 1600 Mexico 711m crossflow with 2000e bullet box, disc brake conversion with vented ford discs, slot mags all round and a lot of the bodywork has been customised. I get that it's not a purists cup of tea but there it is, personally I love a concourse restored motor as much as I appreciate a modified one.

I'm based in Crawley and hope to have the p/u on the road as my daily.
Last edited by dudford on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Mexico Pickup

Post by les »

Have you any surplus Mexico parts for sale?

dudford
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by dudford »

In so far as I know Les, the Mexico element is down to the block and head really as that's what it came out of when I bought it. Are you running something similar? I won't be using twin 40/45's though, like I'm guessing most would assume. I have an old V.W.Derrington single bar inlet manifold that I will have the old faithful twin choke weber sitting on top. Derrington was an interesting chap selling tuning parts for all sorts of cars including Morris Minors http://www.morris-minor-conversions.co. ... 4533587832
Dudders
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Thanks for reply, I have a friend who has a Mexico and if you had any surplus parts from a similar car he may have been interested in buying them, but it appears that you only bought the engine. Good luck with your project.