Minor Matters Custom Article

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Oddball67
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Minor Matters Custom Article

Post by Oddball67 »

Nice to see and read the Custom Article in the latest issue of Minor Matters.

Always being into the custom/modified arena it was great to see many of the Minors that helped shape my interest.

Chris Nash's V8 Minor.

Russ Smith's Twin Cam

Beardmore Bros, Van and then iconic Pick Up

Nic Cook's V8, Chopped Minor.

The other one they missed that was truly a beast in it's day and set many a record (love to own it or it's clone) was Nic Mann's 500bhp, Turbo'd, Nitros Rover V8 Minor.
Can even remember receiving some of the Custom Minor Club magazine/sheets. :)

I had a Green 4 door 56, Split Screen, Essex V6 and Supercharged, having Capri front suspension and modified rear end encompassing 3ltr Capri Rear Axle at the time.
Back in 1988 I attended, with my Mate's Ray and Paul, to Bruntingthorpe and was featured in the Custom Car article.
Be interesting to have a reunion of the people in that article and what they drive now.?

I sold my 56, although I know where it resides, and my mate Paul, 18 months ago, brought his old minor back and it will soon return to the road in it's original guise.

I now drive an Austin Minor Pick Up that is powered by a Lotus Engine that took nearly 7 years to complete and, is now back in the shop having some wee tweaks.

Well Done MMOC for recognising the Custom Register and be great to see some regular write up's.
I'm positive the Custom Register could get 6 articles per annum.

They've said the article will continue in the next publication so I'll be very interested to receiving it.
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Minor Matters Custom Article

Post by irmscher »

Any pictures of the Lotus engine installed
Oddball67
Minor Friendly

Post by Oddball67 »

Apologies Irmscher only just noticed your request.
Here you go.
Attachments
20161112_100456[1].jpg
20161112_100456[1].jpg (147.39 KiB) Viewed 5245 times
motherofgod
Minor Fan

Post by motherofgod »

I happen to know the owner of the nick mann clone, he's called andy, a very nice bloke. he would sell it at the right price as I nearly bought before I emigrated to new zealand.
James