A very slow build of a custom traveller

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.

Moderator: Moderators

irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: A very slow build of a custom traveller

Postby irmscher » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:25 am

Nothing happening Steve ??

Steve Phillips
Minor Friendly

Postby Steve Phillips » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 am

work has got in the way and slowed progress im afraid, and i am waiting for some suspension parts to arrive (been a bit messed about by the supplier)
but I should have a delivery today that will allow me to get on with my centre crossmember, so ill get some pics sorted and up as soon as possible.

Steve

irmscher
Minor Legend

Postby irmscher » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:50 am

Brilliant :D

Steve Phillips
Minor Friendly

Postby Steve Phillips » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:00 pm

Finally,,

I've had these few parts made for some weeks now but just not had time to post the pics up,

I have folded up a pair of new chassis legs, these are similar to original minor legs but don’t have the pinches around the front lower arm mount or the kick up at the back where they will meet the cross member, or any holes,

My engine mounts are already attached to the legs, I slotted the inside face of each leg and the mount is passed through the legs and is attached to both sides of the legs with a clearance slot at the bottom of waxoyl to flow under,

The bay floors are similar in size and shape to originals but the outer edge doesn’t have the curved shape to follow the inner wing, this is because I won’t be having standard shape inner wings,

The centre crossmember is a box section affair, not the traditional flat plate, I need it as a box section for my suspension setup, (if I have got my plan right that is)

The front cross member is just a piece of notched 30 x 30 box section, which will have corner gussets added when its welded in but first I have to finish each piece so I can weld them all together, so I have lots of holes to drill and mounts to make and attach,

Steve
Attachments
A chassis legs 1.jpg
A chassis legs 1.jpg (182.23 KiB) Viewed 94 times
A new eng mounts.jpg
A new eng mounts.jpg (169.66 KiB) Viewed 94 times
A new bay floors.jpg
A new bay floors.jpg (214.76 KiB) Viewed 94 times
A new cross member.jpg
A new cross member.jpg (221.94 KiB) Viewed 94 times
A the boss at work.jpg
A the boss at work.jpg (197.59 KiB) Viewed 94 times