White Wall Tyres

Custom & Modified Register: for those with Modifed Minors and/or more radical Customised cars.

Moderator: Moderators

JHarley
Minor Fan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

White Wall Tyres

Postby JHarley » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:39 am

Hi all,

Never posted on this part of the forum before, I'm planning to do some modifications to my new Traveller when it comes, I know I'm going to fit a Moto-Lita wood rim wheel, but I wondered if anyone knew where to get white wall tyres for the Minor, I'm considering fitting some, any advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks,

Joe
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK

alanworland
Minor Legend
Posts: 1273
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:09 pm
MMOC Member: No

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby alanworland » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:41 pm

Not recommending them but I have seen 'white washers' (not sure what they are called) that are trapped between the wheel and the tyre in effect forming a white walled tyre.

Alan
Image

JHarley
Minor Fan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby JHarley » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:20 pm

alanworland wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:41 pm
Not recommending them but I have seen 'white washers' (not sure what they are called) that are trapped between the wheel and the tyre in effect forming a white walled tyre.

Alan
Yeah I've heard about these, I wouldn't really trust them, thanks for the info though

Joe
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK

palacebear
Minor Legend
Posts: 2965
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 4:39 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby palacebear » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:41 pm

The things being referred to are rubbish. Aside from looking cheap, they get wrinkly if the tyres are unintentionally run under-inflated.
1956 4-door called Max

JHarley
Minor Fan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby JHarley » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:30 pm

palacebear wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:41 pm
The things being referred to are rubbish. Aside from looking cheap, they get wrinkly if the tyres are unintentionally run under-inflated.
Yeah I know, preferably I'm looking for actual white wall tyres... which will probably be quite difficult in this day and age
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK

philthehill
Minor Maniac
Posts: 6522
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby philthehill » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:37 am

If you want white wall tyres just paint them white.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-ultimate ... SwJTNbvLC7


JHarley
Minor Fan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby JHarley » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 am

philthehill wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:37 am
If you want white wall tyres just paint them white.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-ultimate ... SwJTNbvLC7
Thanks Phil, sounds like quite a good idea
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK

Myrtles Man
Minor Addict
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby Myrtles Man » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:38 am

Tried that (on an Ariel Leader) - the paint just cracks and falls off.

JHarley
Minor Fan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby JHarley » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:47 am

Myrtles Man wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:38 am
Tried that (on an Ariel Leader) - the paint just cracks and falls off.
Oh ok should foreseen that
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK

SteveClem
Minor Legend
Posts: 1704
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:37 am
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby SteveClem » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:36 pm

Depends on which paint you use. :wink:

Myrtles Man
Minor Addict
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:49 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby Myrtles Man » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:21 pm

Indeed - I tried two 'official' tyre paints that proved to be a waste of money and then had a brainwave and bought in from eBay a good quantity of 'Tippex' typewriting correction fluid that was much better and did work tolerably well but, like the others, succumbed in due course.

Steve Phillips
Minor Friendly
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:28 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby Steve Phillips » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 pm

A little surfing and I found this company, I have never used them so no recommendation but might be worth a look

http://www.mrwhitewalls.com

Steve
Image

JHarley
Minor Fan
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: White Wall Tyres

Postby JHarley » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:52 pm

Steve Phillips wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:25 pm
A little surfing and I found this company, I have never used them so no recommendation but might be worth a look

http://www.mrwhitewalls.com

Steve
Thanks Steve :)
The Moggy Minor will stand with dignity for all time :D, I'm in Northampton, UK


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests