This section is to post information for individual MMOC branches
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
HarryMango
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Leics Branch - Mallory Park Classics Meet - 10 June 2009

Post by HarryMango »

As it coincides with our regular meeting night - the Leicester Branch will be at the following event this Wed evening - everybody is welcome to join us/them :-

On the evening of Wednesday, 10th June, from 6pm to 10pm, there will be a Classic Car Evening Meet at Mallory Park Race Circuit, Leicestershire.
The meet is part of the “Charity 24 Hour Buzzathon” – Stephen Warner, President of Nottinghamshire Law Society, and Deborah Hutchinson, Vice-President, plan to drive a 48cc Piaggio Ape van for 24 hours non-stop around the circuit, to raise funds for three charities, Macmillan Cancer Support, the Railway Children (helping homeless children in India) and the Alzheimer’s Society.
A number of features are planned for the evening, including a display by the Nottinghamshire Police motorcycle display team, an appearance by BBC’s “Des the Weatherman”, live music, food vendors, children’s bouncy castle etc.
As a member of the society and owner of two classic cars (Chevrolet and Rover), I have been given the job of publicising the event to classic car owners.
A dedicated classic car parking area will be provided in the centre of the circuit and is open to all classic cars of whatever age. Bring a picnic if you want to. Admission is free and there is no judging, no prizes, no formalities – just a get together with other classic car owners on a summer evening.
Admission is free although the organisers do ask for a donation to their charitable fundraising – how much is up to you.
I hope that as many classic owners as possible will turn out to join us at this new evening event, to enjoy their cars, to meet other owners and to support a good cause in doing so.
Any queries can be directed to me by telephone to 07NINE67 3FIVE22ONE8 at any reasonable time please.
Best wishes – Tim Sisson

See you there
Rog