Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
simona1
Minor Fan
Location: Chairman West Yorkshire MMOC, Ossett, Wakefield, West Yorkshire
MMOC Member: No

How do you hold your meetings

Post by simona1 »

Hi I am a member of the west yorkshire branch and a portfolio member and was wondering how all other branches hold their meetings, at present we hold a branch meeting on the last wednesday of the month and a committee meeting on the first wednesday, but I have been told that some clubs hold their committee and branch meetings together with all members or hold committee meeting just before the branch meetings, I would appreciate peoples views on this please. Cheers Simon. :D

WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: How do you hold your meetings

Post by WPR678B »

With the SADMOG bunch we just turn up at a pub chosen at short notice and thats about that! :o :lol: :lol:
One of the joys of just being a social gathering rather than a club branch i guess!! :wink: :lol: :roll:

rob.hardy1
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: How do you hold your meetings

Post by rob.hardy1 »

I have been involved in quite a lot of committee work and, seeing as you ask for input, i will put in my experience.

Most clubs work on a traditional basis, with a comittee with office holders (chairman, secretary,treasurer etc) and when to hold comittee meetings as opposed to club meetings is really not of great importance as long as stuff gets done.
One word of warning, it is my experience that if you have a committee meeting during a club meeting then there is no point in having a committee. Decisions get made by constent of all the members (which is not a bad thing) but if you give a person the job of doing a particular job then it is best that they are given the oppertunity to do it without too much interferance.
Just my observations.

rob