One weekend - Two MOT's passed!

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
heathy12
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

One weekend - Two MOT's passed!

Post by heathy12 »

Getting my Minor Mojo back now after an inactve two years of Babies and work!!
Havent been about much, haven't been to any shows, havent had enough time to enjoy the hobby until I realized how much fun these cars are again this weekend!

Got two minors MOT'd Saturday to my joy! Driving home or getting free tax feeling will never get tiresome!
Omitted the fact one was a V8 to the tester when I booked the second MOT at a quiet local garage directly after the splitty, should've seen his face! Ive never owned a car which has emptied a garage of staff out onto the forecourt for a look before!! :lol:

Forgot how much fun they are to drive......also slightly different jumping out of a 948cc with an antiquated 4 speed box double declutching and getting to enjoy a V8! :)

Know how much of a boost it can be seeing other peoples projects being completed and seeing them on the road again so though if not for anything else I'd share my mini triumph with everyone as im pleased as punch and if, as I do your scouring the Restoration threads looking at everyone elses photos etc with a stalled long term project in the garage I hope my little collection can spur you on to finish it off!! Its well worth it in the end! :D :D

V8 just needed new horn fitting and a bulb! No problem,

Splitty has been a little longer in the making, first time on the road in about 15 years!!

Welding in the arches, few bits of welding in other places but mostly sound with original underseal!

All done! Bit rough round the edges but should last a few more years, didnt have the budget or time to purchase all the repair panels so have made them all up pretty much by hand.

Back on the road!
Son enjoyed a short ride in it too!

Now I can start enjoying them properly!

Next question is......whoch other one to start on next now ive the space and a bit of time to crack on tinkering again!

Traveller..

Or Turbo'd two door?!....

JLH MORRIS MINOR RESTORATION & MODIFICATION
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Re: One weekend - Two MOT's passed!

Post by ASL642 »

Have a break from saloons and do the Traveller! :D are you going to keep it "standard looking" or do you have "plans"?

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
heathy12
Minor Fan

Post by heathy12 »

Travellers stock and staying that way, splittys the same.
Two modified Saloons enough for me!!

Might be hauling the Traveller out of storage to crack on with it soon. Been off the road 5 years, needs floor pans, chassis leg, wing, door, re-varnish and some paint. Should keep me busy till the autum!
JLH MORRIS MINOR RESTORATION & MODIFICATION
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

..... and you can get the pushchair in a Traveller :lol: !

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512