Traveller Restoration

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
LUR759H
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Traveller Restoration

Post by LUR759H »

Hi guys Im Just wondering any of you have any wooden sections left over from you restoration projects...

Kind regards

Alan
Mulli
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Mulli »

Just spent most the night reading this whole thread, fantasic transformation, really impressive, well done!
flamecrazy

Post by flamecrazy »

Great work!! Looks awesome. Would you happen to have any measurments of the door opening and wheel base from factory specs?

Thanks Chris
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

Just bumping this back to the top for the new member with a traveller.
Smithy1961
Minor Fan

Post by Smithy1961 »

Im struggling to understand the rear doors myself.You are limited by a good fit with the alum roof as to how much you can pull the rear side posts in or out before fixing them in postion by screwing up the rear corner brackets .
The fit of the rear door opening seems to be the only part that might require fettling to get right, and thats by shaving the doors . The wheel base is easy to answer.
morris_minor_traveller_1969.jpg
morris_minor_traveller_1969.jpg (101.1 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
westy24
Minor Fan

Post by westy24 »

Well done your car looks fantastic
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

When you only need a few parts wood, it can be an option to make it from a tree?
I have bought two tree from 3 meters, 35 cm thick from this wood, and know in the Netherlands a lot of the material is available because the need to remove this type of tree this year.

I make the wood by myself for an old Singer 4A roadster.
Nobody can deliver that wood parts, so this is the one and only option.
Also usable for making small parts for the traveller.
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

Smithy1961 wrote:Im struggling to understand the rear doors myself.You are limited by a good fit with the alum roof as to how much you can pull the rear side posts in or out before fixing them in postion by screwing up the rear corner brackets .
The fit of the rear door opening seems to be the only part that might require fettling to get right, and thats by shaving the doors . The wheel base is easy to answer.

morris_minor_traveller_1969.jpg
Alternatively, the back door hinges can be cut down and re-welded; I had to do this with my Traveller's LH boot door, which never fitted quite right; I cut the hinge in two with an angle grinder, filed approx. 5mm out of it then MIG-welded it together and ground down the weld, then repainted, so it's barely noticeable. They've lined up quite nicely for yonks since. :)
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

All DIY restorers and those contemplating it

Neil has restored all the photos to this thread for our benefit. I was a huge task. (How were they lost? Its a sad tale explained elsewhere on this forum).

Neil has done a fantastic job with this Traveller restoration and I feel we can learn a lot from his thread. If I can get my Traveller anywhere near what his has achieved, I will be over the moon.

From me and I am sure many many other Minor fans, a big thank you Neil.

Don