1967 Traveller Repairs

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Larryb
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

1967 Traveller Repairs

Post by Larryb »

I have had some work done on Mariah the Moggy. Had some rusty inner wings, boot well and misc places on the floors. One interesting thing was that when the front wheels were taken of I discovered that a prior owner installed disc brakes. The wood was refinished by a boatwright. If the ice storms ever end here in Maine, I might be able to drive the beastie soon. The last photo is this summer when we actually had great weather. [frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
George Smathers
Minor Fan

Re: 1967 Traveller Repairs

Post by George Smathers »

Go for it Larry! Beautiful location.

George
Morris Mike
Minor Fan

Post by Morris Mike »

Nice Traveller you have there. :D

Are there many Morris Minors in your area.?

What about other British classic cars.?

We toured by car 5 states of New England in the fall about 5 years ago. A lovely area.

We have a similar Traveller we restored.

M.M

[frame]Image[/frame]
Morris Minor Traveller 1961 Modified.
Austin 6cwt Van 1972. Teal Blue
Morris Minor Traveller 1961 Original
Austin A30 Van 1956.
Austin A35 Van 1960
What else is lurking behind those open doors.?.
Larryb
Minor Friendly

Post by Larryb »

There are a few MG TD's and MGA's but no Morris Minors that I have seen. There is a Mid Maine Sports Car Club which has a fair number of European cars but again, no Morris Minors. I have met a very large number of people since owning this car. I am constantly asked about it and it is much admired.

Your Traveller looks to be in pristine condition. They are a true pleasure to drive, aren't they.

Did you get to Maine in your travels? My wife and I love it here. The town is a small lobster fishing village right on the coast. Looks like Cabot Cove in Murder She Wrote...only smaller.
Larryb
Minor Friendly

Post by Larryb »

Well, I now have the inner wings repaired, new wood cut for the floor and the wing mats installed. I am not real happy with the wing mat installation but the do look better than before. I had trouble reinstalling the side wall cards because what with the extra height caused by the fiberglass repairs and the new thicker wing mats, they would not fit. I am reluctant to take them back out and cut off the top but may end up doing that.

My next step is to install the back of the rear seat. Also I am thinking of painting the entire metal floor with Rustoleum and then laying a sounded deadening material like Dynamat. Is there a better paint than Rustoleum and has anyone added sound deadening material?[frame]Image[/frame]
Larryb
Minor Friendly

Post by Larryb »

I have finally finished the major portion of the inside. Got the mats in, put the hinges back so the rear seat back can go up and down, painted the fuel filler pipe to match the mats, put a coat of teal oil on the wood (and wiped excess off) . I will put in some aluminum strips to hold down the floor mat.

Thanks to all here who have helped. I will continue to pester you with questions as i venture to other areas on the Moggy.

The last picture is of my dog - Bailey Ann - who is, as you can see, overly excited by my progress.

Larry Bailey
Port Clyde, Maine USA[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
LUR759H
Minor Fan

Post by LUR759H »

Hi Im Just wondering if any of you have any wooden sections left over from you restoration projects...

Kind regards

Alan
Larryb
Minor Friendly

Post by Larryb »

Hello Alan. Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I did not have any usable wood left over as only a small area was replaces. The rest was sanded and treated.
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Great looking traveller Larry and a credit to you :D What was Bailey ann doing spying on you with the binoculars :lol: