Lost v5 need advice on registering

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
mak1966
MMOC Member: No

Lost v5 need advice on registering

Post by mak1966 »

I have recently bought a traveller to restore but the v5 has been lost I have a reg number but nothing else, would appreciate any advice, cheers Mike.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Re: Lost v5 need advice on registering

Post by greendefender123 »

Hi you need to fill out a form and send it to the dvla with a cheque for £25. I need to do this for my Traveller at somepoint.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

mak1966

Post by mak1966 »

Hi that only applies if you were registered keeper I have tried to do an enquiry on the website and there are no details held for the traveller
mak1966

Post by mak1966 »

I have just phoned dvla I need to fill in form v62 to apply for a v5 in my name and v890 to declare as sort while I restore
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

mak1966 wrote:Hi that only applies if you were registered keeper I have tried to do an enquiry on the website and there are no details held for the traveller

Cannot see them issuing a new V5c for a vehicle previously unrecorded on their computer.

What history came with the vehicle, have you checked it's numbers to confirm age?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
greendefender123
Minor Addict

mak1966 wrote:Hi that only applies if you were registered keeper I have tried to do an enquiry on the website and there are no details held for the traveller
No dont think so. Iv just filled it out today for myself as a new keeper that dosent have a logbook. Il check I linked the right form. You'll need the chassis number as well. An mot station can get this for you from the registration.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Nah it should work![frame]Image[/frame]
taupe
Minor Legend

Post by taupe »

If they have the vehicle on their system the £25 method works but if its not on their records you will need £55 and will be given an age related registration....unless you have official documents confirming the original registration and chassis numbers eg an old RF60 form..the vehicle will also need to be inspected by DVLA or an approved Club.

Green fenders car is showing on their records so should be ok....

Taupe
Gilesv
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Gilesv »

I've just tried to register a 69 2 Door without success since the end of June.

The registration mark is known as there was a number plate on it. I had checked the DVLA site and the car did not show so I phoned them and they told me to submit an application which I did immediately. It appears it is not on the DVLA computer which is why it didn't show when I carried out my search. I think the last tax disc expired in November 1982 and with the disc there were told old MOT certs in the glove box from the same time. I know all about the rule coming in during 1983 about vehicles being on the computer and the associated problems with retaining the original numbers so I knew they would want to inspect it. It is not roadworthy but is in 'as found' condition.

Several weeks passed and they announced that they wished to inspect and that the car should be complete. It was inspected shortly after and the inspector decided the car was fine - the chassis no matches the one stamped into the driver's floor and the original engine number is present. He was shown the two MOTs and the tax disc. Another week passes and I receive a letter from the DVLA stating the car was not roadworthy and I would have to re-apply once it was roadworthy again and that I would receive a refund of my £25.

I'm still slowly descending from the ceiling. All I wanted to achieve was to make sure that I had the car registered in my name which is what I thought the DVLA would want. Obviously not.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Does it have a current MoT?
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Damn looks like im paying £25. Atleast I don't need the logbook yet. Must only be the new logbooks were you don't have to pay as mother had a freelander and didn't have to pay for it. They just sent her one after receiving the new keepers slip.[frame]Image[/frame]
TvdWerf
Minor Addict

Post by TvdWerf »

when you cannot get papers with the car, export him to NL.
with any paper to check he is not stolen, or old registration, with a car older as 1960, it is just showing.
When totally nothing is there, the car should be ready for the MOT, when passed, you get Dutch papers.

With the Dutch papers go back, and try again with the DVLA.
With my 1951 MM with Belgium papers, they only checked if the numbers are OK.
No brake test, no headlight check, no tyre check...
MM '51 LHD sidevalve
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

This would explain the amount of Duff Minor's with NL connections!