Clarence 2 door 62 saloon

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!

Moderator: Moderators

kevin s
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Clarence 2 door 62 saloon

Postby kevin s » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:34 am

Unfortunatelly it's something you are going keep finding as you progress, many of the panels out there do not match the original construction seeming to originate from the quick patch up " to mot standards" days and may need modifying, others are simply wrong and don't fit!

All in all I find it just another part of the challenge though.

DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Postby DAVIDMCCULLOUGH » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Retosaga is James from Comber in County Down. We got in touch via this forum as he had another PZ registered car the only a few numbers away from Stevies! It was a great resto as well.

edit,
I found James resto on the forum.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=48596

Too many Minors so little time.....

Richie B
Minor Friendly

Postby Richie B » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Thanks David for clearing that up. It was the PZ reg that made me think it was one of yours. As you say a great restoration. May I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year. I look forward to more of your posts.
Richard

Richie B
Minor Friendly

Postby Richie B » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:26 pm

Just to update that all is well in my life. I've been very busy with family things, new boiler being fitted and new shower room have meant that Clarence has not seen much of me since December. I am now tutoring on a Community Responder course at end of April so busy preparing for that and so its going to be May before I get back to Clarence and continue the restoration. Thanks for all the views and I look forward to more updates and pics in the near future. Richard

Richie B
Minor Friendly

Postby Richie B » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:21 pm

:D having spent the last six months working on various things I was starting to lack confidence in getting back to working on Clarence. I have spent a lot of evenings reading thro lots of your posts and getting ready to do some more on him, or maybe procrastinating? With holiday looming in July I really needed to get going :o Spent yesterday tidying up and sorting garage and materials out. Listening to radio they played " I got my Mojo working" I took this as a sign as I felt that I've got My mojo back and cracking on. Today was spent lining up the repair panels for front lh inner wing, flitch panel and replacement door post. All old metal cut away and welding areas cleaned and coated with weld thro primer ready for welding in new panels tomorrow. :lol: more updates and photos to follow soon.