Michelle's surprise moggy

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Moggyvirgin1966
MMOC Member: Yes

Michelle's surprise moggy

Post by Moggyvirgin1966 »

Hi all, I last posted a comment on here in 2014 which is when I stopped work on my 1966 2 door due to work commitments. It's a surprise for my wife who has always wanted a ''fun morris minor'' as she says.
Unfortunately its condition has not surpisingly deteriorated over the last 4 years having been left outside on a trailer covered in a tarpaulin which disintegrated into pieces of thread.
I've now got it inside onto a rollover jig and stripped it down to the last nut and bolt. It basically needs extensive work which includes replacing both chassis legs, all sills, all the floors, the main crossmember, the front crossmember, both tie plates and both spring hangers.
What I want to ask advice on is in what order you think is best to replace the parts and how much and where to brace the shell for supports?

I know it's a lot of work but I really want to get this car back on the road. Thanks, Steve