A plea to restore valuable restoration threads

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: A plea to restore valuable restoration threads

Post by woodiesenfrance »

Thanks for the update.
These things are never easy to manage.
Is there a way you could perhaps pin a post somewhere appropriate about 'How the board works and who to contact'?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

simmitc wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:14 pm I've been discussing Mary's "The Team" section with Mike. He reports:
Unfortunately, I've found I can't edit the Team list after all - every name on it except mine (Admin) is a 'founder' member of the board, and even my account permissions aren't high enough to edit those. Will have to have a think about it!
Therefore it won't be updated for now, but is on the "to do" list. Realistically, it's probably just another argument as to why we need a new system.
Blimey, it's even worse than I thought.
[Edit]
Last edited by Admin on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Private message sent :)
Basil the 1955 series II

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Can’t the ‘Board’ delegate the required permissions to you? :-?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

SteveClem wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:33 pm Can’t the ‘Board’ delegate the required permissions to you? :-?
Hi Steve
Mike PM'd me about having edited my post above and I agree with his reasons, but basically he does have workarounds available to him to get around problems such as he's mentioned. However, in a nutshell, because they are 'workarounds' rather than basic functions of the Admin role, they add yet more to his workload. I don't envy him at all his 'to do' list seems to get longer as the weeks pass.

I'm only replying here because it seems to me that Mike can't always find the time for a rapid response. :-?
Basil the 1955 series II