GPO Van Re made.

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MattsGPOvan
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: GPO Van Re made.

Post by MattsGPOvan »

Starting to restore the GPO wooden load floor.
Image Image Image

No paint under the pruning guard metal fixtures mean l can spray paint over them.... and do not have to get them zinc plated....👍
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

That photo thing you’re using Matt, shows more than your pictures; it features ads and pictures of fat guts and various other crap. Can’t you load to your device directly and attach from there? :o

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

les wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:02 pm That photo thing you’re using Matt, shows more than your pictures; it features ads and pictures of fat guts and various other crap. Can’t you load to your device directly and attach from there? :o
I agree, another consideration of 3rd party image hosting is that they can change their access and a bulletin board/forum like this ends up with no images, such as happened previously.
IMHO, all images should be uploaded, not 3rd party hosted.
Basil the 1955 series II

MattsGPOvan
Minor Friendly

Post by MattsGPOvan »

Cool, at 49 years old what is a good website to use.

Cheers Matt.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Are you using a laptop or an iPad Matt ?

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

MattsGPOvan wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:17 pm Cool, at 49 years old what is a good website to use.

Cheers Matt.
Why do you need to use a 3rd party site and not just load images direct to the Forum as required?
Are you storing all your images of everything in life to the same 3rd party hosting, and then just linking for convenience?

That site you're using is giving you free hosting because part of their T&Cs is that you direct link to them from this Forum.
That allows them to essentially use this Forum as a way into their 'Click Bait' advertising income, hence the bit that says:
The outgoing link should lead the user directly to our web page without any interstitial pages or interruptions. This allows your users to get access to the full-resolution images, and also helps us pay our bills.
Basil the 1955 series II

MattsGPOvan
Minor Friendly

Post by MattsGPOvan »

les wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:11 pm Are you using a laptop or an iPad Matt ?
Hi Les , just me Phone....😉
MattsGPOvan
Minor Friendly

Post by MattsGPOvan »

geoberni wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:46 pm
MattsGPOvan wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:17 pm Cool, at 49 years old what is a good website to use.

Cheers Matt.
Why do you need to use a 3rd party site and not just load images direct to the Forum as required?
Are you storing all your images of everything in life to the same 3rd party hosting, and then just linking for convenience?

That site you're using is giving you free hosting because part of their T&Cs is that you direct link to them from this Forum.
That allows them to essentially use this Forum as a way into their 'Click Bait' advertising income, hence the bit that says:
The outgoing link should lead the user directly to our web page without any interstitial pages or interruptions. This allows your users to get access to the full-resolution images, and also helps us pay our bills.
way over my head..... l am a just posting some pictures of my old Van....

Should I go to the Minor LCV Forum.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Although your pictures are interesting, they come with all the other crap that your host includes. Dump it and go direct. Get an iPad and don’t look back, take a photo with it and send straight here. 8) I suppose you could do it on the phone but I don’t know how.

ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend

Post by ian.mcdougall »

if you connect your phone to your computer via usb lead you should be able to download the photos to a file and pick them off that to post.

kevin s
Minor Legend

Post by kevin s »

I do all of mine directly from an android phone, click add file then select from the phone camera directory.