Carpet

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Propshaft
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Carpet

Post by Propshaft »

I am coming to the completion of my two door 59 restoration I am after some red carpet material to cover the back shelf does anyone know were I could purchase a small strip from
Classiccars
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Carpet

Post by Classiccars »

I was advised to ask a carpet shop for a cut off
Shropshiremoggie
Minor Legend

Post by Shropshiremoggie »

A remnant from a carpet shop is a good call . Cut it to size and then get the edges bound .
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I thought that the rear parcel shelf in saloons originally had a piece of hardboard(?) covered in the same colour material (vinyl / leatherette?) as the interior of the doors / seating.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

A 1959 car would have had nothing at all originally. From about 1964 a covered hardboard panel was fitted. I assume that our friend just fancies a bit of carpet? :wink:
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

ManyMinors wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:08 pm A 1959 car would have had nothing at all originally. From about 1964 a covered hardboard panel was fitted. I assume that our friend just fancies a bit of carpet? :wink:
That was my thinking too.... I've restored the missing press stud strap to my '55, when I got basil his rear seat was just screwed in from the boot, with the stud post doing nothing.
Basil the 1955 series II

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

ManyMinors wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:08 pm A 1959 car would have had nothing at all originally. From about 1964 a covered hardboard panel was fitted. I assume that our friend just fancies a bit of carpet? :wink:
Don't do it! Just something else to vacuum! :lol:
Propshaft
Minor Fan

Post by Propshaft »

Yes quite true originally it was just the painted metal finish but I thought it would be nice to fit in a board and carpet it . It could always be taken out to keep it original if in future i wanted too . I have now sourced some carpet. Thanks for your comments
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Just be sure your rear screen is watertight, otherwise you'll end up with damp carpet and wood sat on your metal parcelshelf..........
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)