SEA773G

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...
MMOC Member: Yes

SEA773G

Post by Sleeper »

Just posted on facebook...

Barry J Brown
10 hrs
Just wondered if anyone knows who this Morris minor belongs to, dumped in the car park where I live, apparently a young bloke got out of it quick as you like, jumped on the back of a motorbike which was following him, and shot off, must belong to someone, nicked I’d say, share please, you never know might get it back to the owner.

John ;-)
KeithL
Minor Fan

Re: SEA773G

Post by KeithL »

It's taxed. Has the original poster called the Police I wonder?

Sleeper
Minor Legend

Post by Sleeper »

" Billy Marshall Owner now reunited apparently "

John ;-)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

KeithL wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:12 pm It's taxed. Has the original poster called the Police I wonder?
I'm amazed at the number of people who post stuff on facebook that should just be a call to the local Police.... :roll:
A quick look on the PNC and they can contact the owner.
Chances are the Owner will have reported it stolen already....
Basil the 1955 series II

Murrayminor
Minor Addict

Post by Murrayminor »

Unfortunately these days simply calling the local police is a difficult process.
You will only get through to a call handler who in turn will send the job to the radio operator.
The radio operator has numerous outstanding jobs to allocate which are usually deemed more pressing than a simple stolen vehicle.
The stolen car job can fall off the screen to be dealt with in slow time, usually be the neighbourhood Police which can take a week or so to be allocated.
Hence why people turn to social media to get the message out there that their pride and joy is missing.

Many times I have been notified of stolen vehicles to look out for by social media. it does have its place in todays society.
Proud owner of my first Morris Minor
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Usually the police don't attend anyway and just give you a crime number :evil:
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

My uncle had his house broken in to and a few things stolen and his car and the police could not be bothered

smithskids
Minor Addict

Post by smithskids »

Tell them you are holding the burglars with a shotgun for the plod to arrive and they will be there in a few minutes to arrest YOU!!
Nickol
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Nickol »

smithskids wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:50 pm Tell them you are holding the burglars with a shotgun for the plod to arrive and they will be there in a few minutes to arrest YOU!!
Just like the man who was creating a rumpus because asians in Rotherham were raping his 13 year old daughter and the Police arrested him.
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Just like the man who was creating a rumpus because asians in Rotherham were raping his 13 year old daughter and the Police arrested him.
That's what you get for putting the PC brigade in charge, our Police are too afraid of being accused of racism / homophobia / many other 'ists' and 'phobics' these days.........
Far simpler to prosecute the victim or their family for trying to intervene and not just accepting being given a crime number......
Which begs the point, if you simply dispatch the rapist / burgler yourself and there are no witnesses, who is ever going to report them missing, plus how would anyone know (or try to prove) where they might last have been?................
As we decend further into a society where criminals have more rights than victims that thought could become reality......
People say they couldn't do it but when pushed over the line who knows......
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
beamand
Minor Friendly

Post by beamand »

I had an uninsured and untaxed nearly new Audi coupe parked outside my house for 3 weeks after actually pointing out to a policeman while actually checking it out after it had been thee 3 days, they never did anything, a bloke turned up after 3 weeks got in and drove away
Clayton James
Minor Friendly

Post by Clayton James »

beamand wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:56 pm I had an uninsured and untaxed nearly new Audi coupe parked outside my house for 3 weeks after actually pointing out to a policeman while actually checking it out after it had been thee 3 days, they never did anything, a bloke turned up after 3 weeks got in and drove away
It's been months, have you found it?
Sleeper
Minor Legend

Post by Sleeper »

Has who? found what?

John :-?