Stolen - Blue Morris Oxford (H Reg) Sydenham, London

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
fosterfamily
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Stolen - Blue Morris Oxford (H Reg) Sydenham, London

Post by fosterfamily »

A friend has had his blue Morris Oxford VI stolen from Sydenham, London (near Crystal Palace)
The car was undergoing some suspension repairs, so it's likely to have been trailered or towed away.
Registration VJN 697H
Taken sometime between Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th October
If you see it please contact police of Terry Morris on 07505 107845[frame]Image[/frame]
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Stolen - Blue Morris Oxford (H Reg) Sydenham, London

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I sincerely hope that your friend gets this back in one piece.
However, if you or anyone you know has any contacts in the world of banger racing, I would certainly put the word out.
And keep an eye on eBay for any recognisable parts.
I know this is a gloomy message and I'm sorry for that but the scumbags who stole this must realise that they'd get more for it in bits and are less likely to get caught breaking it, than trying to pass it on in one piece.
Also these Farinas are very popular with the banger boys and whatever they say, there are still a few unscrupulous ones about.
I shall keep my fingers crossed for your friend.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
Plin
Minor Fan

Post by Plin »

Sorry to hear about your friend's Oxford being pinched. Of course I shall keep a look out but it's probably not up here and sadly Mike's post is possibly right that it has been taken with some intention to use or dismantle rather than sell. But you never know stolen cars have turned up when folks keep an eye out and I sincerely hope this one is recovered soon in one piece.
fosterfamily
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by fosterfamily »

jagnut66 wrote:Hi,
I sincerely hope that your friend gets this back in one piece.
However, if you or anyone you know has any contacts in the world of banger racing, I would certainly put the word out.
And keep an eye on eBay for any recognisable parts.
I know this is a gloomy message and I'm sorry for that but the scumbags who stole this must realise that they'd get more for it in bits and are less likely to get caught breaking it, than trying to pass it on in one piece.
Also these Farinas are very popular with the banger boys and whatever they say, there are still a few unscrupulous ones about.
I shall keep my fingers crossed for your friend.
Best wishes,
Mike.
Hi Mike,

Yes, we're acutely aware of the threat of Banger Racers to Farinas.
I believe one of their yearly meetings was called off last month due to lack of cars.
They're already extending the Pre '70 races to include Pre '73 cars
This car was effectively immobilised as it had no steering arm on at the time - so it must have been towed away!
I run a scheme for the Cambridge-Oxford Owners Club where you use a mobile phone hidden in car to locate it.
It's ideal for this scenario, with a car vanishing - http://www.co-oc.org/home/tracker
Unfortunately, this chap only had basic security.

Cheers,

Eddie
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I run a scheme for the Cambridge-Oxford Owners Club where you use a mobile phone hidden in car to locate it.
It's ideal for this scenario, with a car vanishing - http://www.co-oc.org/home/tracker
Sounds like an excellent idea, any success stories?
Yes, we're acutely aware of the threat of Banger Racers to Farinas.
I believe one of their yearly meetings was called off last month due to lack of cars.
They're already extending the Pre '70 races to include Pre '73 cars
I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that it's banger racing that should be scrapped!
I'm sure some will come on here and say it's only a few but for the victims of things like this it's a few too many.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)