Stolen & Found - BOV 578C

Your Moggy been stolen? Let everyone know here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ashleywakeling
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Stolen & Found - BOV 578C

Post by ashleywakeling »

Hi All,
Had my moggy stolen from Uplands in Swansea on Saturday night. Found in Townhill just 2.5 miles away after being joyridden. Pathetic people really. Now being scammed for £300 by the police recovery people. *Sigh*
Ashley & Julia
"Florence" 1964 Grey(ish) 2 Door Saloon

Plin
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Stolen & Found - BOV 578C

Post by Plin »

Sorry to hear your Minor was pinched, hope they didn't do any nasty damage? What a relief that is was found quite quickly but what a pain to have to pay for the recovery.
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

I hope there wasnt too much damage done, glad you got it back so quickly. It may be worth contacting your insurance re the recovery fee.

Too many Minors so little time.....
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

£300 by the police, that's daylight robbery. I'd be glad to get my car back but I'd also be asking if that includes them delivering it back to you and a full valet. Assuming they even bothered to fingerprint check it?

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend

Post by ian.mcdougall »

I'd say it is a recovery company that the police call in when cars are found. Depending on insurance company you should be able to get money back. make sure that you dont hand around agreeing as they may have a storage policy while on their premises.
Is there any damage /parts stolen let insurance know straight away for claim if there are

moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Post by moggiethouable »

You may as well fork out on a disklok while youre spending, that will save you another £300.00 for next time, cos without security there will be a next time.
Where angels fear to tread