Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

9" brakes

Post by win »

Hi
I am looking for some replacement front brake shoes, they are 9" diam x 1.5 "wide to suit Wolseley drums, original number is RBS 13.
I understand Triumph 2.5 rear fit, after small mods, not sure which model, has anyone any, part numbers?, to obtain them local.
Also is it worth investing in EBC material, I do not have a servo.

Thank you and regards Win
South Yorkshire
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: 9" brakes

Post by bmcecosse »

I found TR7 rear brake shoes (for the later '5 speed' axle) to be almost identical. It's possible the parts are common to the 2.5 - but I don't KNOW that. Just search ebay for them - prices vary considerably. And the standard linings are more than up to the job -I have never manged to fade mine - despite some heroic efforts.......
Edit - Prices seem to have risen! These may not be the least expensive - but they are the ones. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TR7-5 ... 3cc0022aec
However - I do suggest you check with Earlpart for a set of Wolseley 1500 shoes to see how the cost compares.
Hmmm - looks like £48 + post and £41 surcharge against return of old shoes (so more postage!)..
ImageImage
win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

Thanks Roy

Regards Win
South Yorkshire
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

A set of these shoes on a Minor should last 'for ever'....my brakes really don't seem to wear from one MOT to the next. Ok I don't do huge mileage - but still......
ImageImage
win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

RIMMER BROS at Lincoln supplied me with a set of Triumph TR7 rear shoes, GBS813. £20.71 + £9 postage, I was in the area, so managed to pick them up, for free, fitted spot on, after slight modifications.

Thanks and regards Win
South Yorkshire
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well done ! I guess you just had to file in the half-moons for the adjuster to sit? W 9" shoes on ebay are very very much more than that!
ImageImage