Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Rust bucket
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Bent fork

Post by Rust bucket »

Did a search for "bent clutch fork" , someone said they can't bend they would snap, well I've got a bent one it's 3/4 of an inch off centre line from the pivot point :-? . Would it be okay heat it and put it in a vice or play safe and find another, Merry Christmas all.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Re: Bent fork

Post by lambrettalad »

wow!! how?
a new one has got to be easier?
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

You can try it - but think how annoying if you fit it - and then it snaps on a dark and stormy night....far from home....... :o :-?
ImageImage
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

Years ago before all the necessary parts to upgrade the 'A' series clutch assembly were available commercially it was all mix and match and see what you could get to work. Regarding the clutch release lever - on some arrangements I used to have to bend it and relieve the carbon thrust to get it all to work. I never had or experienced any problems with the revised arrangements and never had the release lever snap or bend. The release lever though was heated prior to bending and tempered afterwards.
Merry Christmas

Rust bucket
Minor Fan

Post by Rust bucket »

Think I've made an assumption when I said it was bent, the 803 and 948 smooth case gearbox had an off centre fork looking at new one's on the B Motif site. It has been use on my car before with the 1098 gearbox by the former owner so I guess it's okay.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

:roll:
ImageImage