Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
fussyoldfart
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Diff and Gearbox Upgrade

Post by fussyoldfart »

May I intrude please to ask for a bit of gearbox help? An acquaintance is restoring an A40 Farina and has the well known Klonk Klonk noise in first gear of his smooth-case box.

What I am trying to find for him is a Parts Book Illustration with the adjacent parts list so that he can order the correct parts to make the necessary repairs. I am assuming that later rib-case parts are different and will not fit. Is that correct? Can anyone direct me to a free PDF copy of a suitable parts list, or provide a scan of the pages needed?

Of course if the later parts do fit the earlier box that is all the advice needed but the illustration would still be a great help.

Darrell (fussyoldfart) McDonald
Fussyoldfart in Welland Ontario.

Declan_Burns
Minor Legend

Post by Declan_Burns »

Is this what you are looking for?
Regards
Declan[frame]Image[/frame]

Regards
Declan
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Refer to the MOSS pages for excellent diagrams. Not always the lowest cost supplier of parts - but they have several depots and so it may be possible to save on carriage costs - which can be 'considerable' from some suppliers. However - I would upgrade to a 1098 box rather than repair a 948 box.... It probably needs a laygear (and bearings etc) - and even if available - that will be expensive. http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-mo ... components
ImageImage