Help with Maestro engine.

Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Help with Maestro engine.

Post by 1098 »

I have a couple of Minor vans,and also a Maestro van. The Maestro appears to be leaking coolant from the base of the inlet manifold. I may have to take it off,but just wondered if any one knows if there is there a core plug in that area. Antifreeze mixture is weak,so,I think ice has formed and expanded at some point ? just a guess.
Eddie.
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Help with Maestro engine.

Post by philthehill »

If you are referring to the 1275cc Maestro engine there are no core plug under the inlet manifold/exhaust manifold at the rear of the engine but if you have the wrap over inlet manifold there are core plugs under the inlet manifold.
The core plugs in a 1275cc engine are fitted on the distributer side and to the flywheel end of the engine block.
The 1275cc core plugs are different to the Minor in that they are cup shaped and not domed.
Core plugs are also known as welch plugs.

http://www.minispares.com/product/Class ... assic/core plug.aspx|Back to search

Phil

Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Help with Maestro engine.

Post by 1098 »

Thanks Philthehill. Within the inlet manifold,and in the base of it(you have to look from underneath) there is some kind of plug. The same size as a 10 pence coin. Coolant is leaking from this plug. I guess I'll have to take the manifold off to repair,or replace it. Hope I can find one. Finding replacement parts for my Maestro is a struggle,no problem at all for my Morris Vans.
Thanks once more for your help. Here's the culprit !
Attachments
plug.jpg
plug.jpg (117.94 KiB) Viewed 768 times