By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sandun
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

What is this - in the rediator

Post by Sandun »

Hi my friends

Today i cheng the engine oil , and clean the rediator ,

When i clean rediator (I remove it from car and wash ) , i saw some dregs - white color - and i put water and shake well and drain out - it was like milk . And water had mix some oil - The rediator is New .

I noticed The engine oil No any cream/white color, it was black.

Please help
Sandun .

philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: What is this - in the rediator

Post by philthehill »

The white mixture may be have been in the radiator from new and your shaking it about has created the milk like substance.

If you have no loss of water and/or oil and there is no sign of the two mixing for example oil getting into the coolant or the coolant getting into the engine oil I would not worry just clean out the cooling system and put everything back together and use.
Over the next few miles/km observe what is happening in the radiator and sump - if nothing all should be well.
Phil

oliver90owner
Minor Legend

Post by oliver90owner »

If there is oil getting into the radiator from the engine, water could go in the reverse direction. Obviously (hopefully) there is a larger pressure difference between the lubrication system and the coooling. But when the engine is stopped, the pressure in the cooling system will be able to force water in the opposite direction while the cooling system remains under pressure.

That said, there is no common path for oil to reach the cooling system unless the rocker shaft feed is leaking - but there should be little pressure in that part of the lube system, I would think.
Sandun
Minor Addict

Post by Sandun »

Thank you , I am ready for 100km journey , I am afraid about head gasket ? Do you think , is there no problem ?

The dregs was like a white moss/jelly / butter - all are chen when i wash it. I just think it make from oil or water with some reaction .

I use only water for rediator .