Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MKT
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Help with brakes

Post by MKT »

Hi

I took my 1968 saloon for its MOT last month and it past with no problems, on driving it home I found the near side front break binding, it wasn't doing it on the way to the MOT I assumed the tester had got a bit heavy with the pedal on the rolling road, I loosened off the brake and readjusted it, went on a run today for the first time since then and felt a sort of pulsating feeling on the pedal, could it be just bad adjustment as I only did the one wheel or should I be looking for something else

Any advice please Ron
oliver90owner
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Help with brakes

Post by oliver90owner »

No eye deer! You will have to investigate, I think. Could be a number of things like stuck slave, out of round drum, loose brake lining, wheel bearing, over tight adjustment, something else loose in the drum...
don58van
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Help with brakes

Post by don58van »

I have had that problem a couple of times. Once with an out-of-round drum. Another time I put on a replacement used drum--I found that it had a fine transverse crack that I hadn't noticed when selecting and fitting. In the latter case, as well as pulsating, the braking was very weak on that side.

All the best with sorting it out.

Don