Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
toulky
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Radiator Fan

Post by toulky »

Advice required please.
Noticed the coolant in my radiator was looking a red rust colour so decided to drain and flush the system. Could not get to the drain plug to undo so removed radiator from car. The car has a very rusty once yellow 4 blade fan. Question is do I take off clean up and respray yellow or replace with a new twin blade fan? The car is 1965 Convertible 1000. Like it to be original.

Thanks
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Radiator Fan

Post by les »

Respray what you've got, then you have the option to refit one blade or both. If you fit just one you will need a strengthening plate fitted in front of the blade, that's if you haven't already got one fitted to your original setup.

paul 300358
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by paul 300358 »

On Saturday I removed my radiator and ran a hose pipe bottom to top, top to bottom etc until it was completely clear. I then flushed the engine and heater by connecting the garden hose to the heater hose and flushed the heater and engine until it ran clear. I then refilled the radiator with a 33% blue antifreeze mixture. Just had a look in the radiator and it is now rust coloured.
Dont be dishartened after a few days!
toulky
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by toulky »

paul 300358 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:11 pm On Saturday I removed my radiator and ran a hose pipe bottom to top, top to bottom etc until it was completely clear. I then flushed the engine and heater by connecting the garden hose to the heater hose and flushed the heater and engine until it ran clear. I then refilled the radiator with a 33% blue antifreeze mixture. Just had a look in the radiator and it is now rust coloured.
Dont be dishartened after a few days!

Doh! Should have left it as it was lol