Re: Engine Code 1275 Marina engine

Post by philthehill »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORRIS-MARIN ... :rk:3:pf:0

the 12 ……………….1275cc

the V...……………….inline fore and aft.

the P...……………...???????????????

the H...……………..High compression.

47576...…………...Engine number.

639...……………….?????????????? The rocker cover is not original. I suspect that the engine has had some work done to it and the hand stamped 639 is the engineering works reference number.

Please be aware that the engine and gearbox are not a straight fit into a Minor as the bell housing is too big and the gearbox/propshaft are different.
If you want to mate the engine to a Minor/Midget gearbox you will need a new flywheel/clutch assy and rear engine plate all available from ESM.
The front engine plate will need to be replaced as the Marina engine is side of the block mounted whereas the Minor is front of the block mounted. Make sure that the Marina engine mounting bracket bolt holes are blind as if right through the block oil will leak out. Use the bracket bolts to block any through holes.

moggiegeek
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Engine Code 1275 Marina engine

Post by moggiegeek »

Hi Phil, i guess this means that complete marina engine, gbox and propshaft not required really - only 1275 block and back plate/clutch assembly to mate to existing 1098 gbox. I recently saw above complete on ebay but expensive and not sold.
Need to keep looking for 1275.......
Thanks paul