Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
glynny
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

series 2 brake cylinder

Post by glynny »

just stripped doen my seized front ally cylinders from my 1953 split screen and the plastic bit between the rubbber cup and spring has broken everything else looks salvageable has anyone made a replacement themselves as cant find the part available anywhere and its stopping the car from getting back on the road hope someone can help cheers
kennatt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: series 2 brake cylinder

Post by kennatt »

not really worth it just buy a replacement and know it will work ok
glynny
Minor Friendly

Post by glynny »

kennatt wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:50 am not really worth it just buy a replacement and know it will work ok
unfortunately series 2 models have the alloy brake cylinders so are near on impossible to find hence the need to fix my damaged one or as you said i could have bought a replacement quite easily
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Give Past Parts a call, they might be able to help or can recondition your wheel cylinders. Failing that I might have one here from some old Morris Oxford MO brake parts. I think that part is the same.
kennatt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by kennatt »

have these cylinders become unobtainable recently definitely replaced all of mine about 4 years ago got them from tom roys,might have the old ones lying about if I find them you can have them for the postage.Dont have the ser11 now so no use to me ,possible threw them out on moving but will have a look.