Starter Motor Woes

Discuss mechanical problems here.

Moderator: Moderators

oliver90owner
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Starter Motor Woes

Postby oliver90owner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:59 am

I think that's the last resort; as I have an auto only licence (yeah, I know) it would mean selling her which I'm loathe to do, having fallen in love with the car and spent a lot of time working on her. Besides which, when it's working, it's a joy to drive in traffic with an auto box!

Selling is not the only option. Upgrading your driving license to include a manual gearbox might be a better and cheaper alternative!

You could also, presumably drive an electric vehicle on your license? Now, there is yet another possibility for a short range vehicle. :D

Napoleon Boot
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Starter Motor Woes

Postby Napoleon Boot » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:47 am

Selling is not the only option. Upgrading your driving license to include a manual gearbox might be a better and cheaper alternative!

You could also, presumably drive an electric vehicle on your license? Now, there is yet another possibility for a short range vehicle. :D
[/quote]

Yep I do intend to take my manual test, just a question of time to do it. And yes, I’ve seen the electric Moggie that London Electric Vehicles converted - I’d love to do the same, but at £10,000 I think I need to wait until the prices come down a bit! :o