Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Nickol
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: SERVO FITMENT

Post by Nickol »

philthehill wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 pm With a servo fitted you should be able to lock the wheels without difficulty.

Has the servo been stripped, examined and rebuilt. Is the servo diaphragm serviceable?
Thankyou Phil and Richard. The Servo has never been stripped ( by me anyway) but I did fit a non return valve in the hope that it would help. It did not. I have got the White plastic diagphragm as a spare and after doing the check suggested which, if it Fails, I canfit a new one.

Will do this over the Weekend and Report back, if I may?
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

Look forward to seeing your investigation results.

Nickol
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Nickol »

so, I did the brake pedal test with the engine not running but I did not really notice any difference afer frequent light depressing of the pedal.

Then I removed the screws from the White plastic diaphragm cap and as it was prised free air gushed out. On inspection the rubber diaphragm looked to be in one Piece but seemed to have a bit of a greasy substance on it. Anyway I replaced the diaphragm and screwed the new plastic cap on and went for a short test drive.

It does seem much better and as Phil says, the Brakes work as they have always done but with less foot pressure. I did not try to lock the wheels but certainly I now had the Feeling that they would lock if asked to.

When I go on a longer run later to day with the engine and the Brakes for that matter fully warmed up, , this should confirm or otherwise the improvement.
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]