Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
594rmm
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Size of tubing

Post by 594rmm »

I want to bleed the brakes having replaced a wheel cylinder, what size tubing will fit ?
oliver90owner
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Size of tubing

Post by oliver90owner »

Same diameter as will fit on the old wheel cylinder bleed nipple (the one you have just removed?), I expect. I rarely ever use one. Wash off after doing the job, if necessary. I don’t re-use brake fluid, so don’t collect it!
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

If you use some tubing with a 4mm bore it should be a tight fit. Feed it into a glass jar when bleeding; you can see when the fluid is free from bubbles. Doing this keeps things tidy. Apologies if you know all this. As mentioned, best not reuse old fluid.

geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by geoberni »

oliver90owner wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:06 am I rarely ever use one. Wash off after doing the job, if necessary. I don’t re-use brake fluid, so don’t collect it!
Yeah, but it's not the sort of thing you want to spread all over the floor. far better to collect it and dispose of it correctly.
I admit the local Tip (aka Recycling Centre) won't have a brake fluid disposal tank, but I just mix it in with the old engine oil; in the great scheme of things it's minimal contamination compared to all the other things that are in old engine oil.
Basil the 1955 series II