Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

1098 flywheel converted for use with Ford type 9 gearbox

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I have uncovered another item from my motoring past whilst clearing out my shed.
This is what I believe to be a 1098 flywheel (or 1275?) converted for use with a Ford type 9 gearbox.
I obviously didn't use it much as it has a new ring gear fitted, with hardly any or no wear evident......
However please can the experts on here confirm what I believe to be the case, as the passage of time may have caused me to misidentify this item.
Many thanks,
Mike.
Morris Minor 1098 flywheel adapted to suit Ford type 9 gearbox conversion.JPG
Morris Minor 1098 flywheel adapted to suit Ford type 9 gearbox conversion.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 274 times
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: 1098 flywheel converted for use with Ford type 9 gearbox

Post by philthehill »

The above - 1275cc Midget/Sprite flywheel with centre bush adapter to carry the Ford first motion shaft.

The 1098cc flywheel does not have a register only the 4 bolt holes. The flywheel in the picture appears to have the register which fits over the rear of the 1275cc crankshaft. It also has the six bolt holes and the two dowel location holes.

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Re: 1098 flywheel converted for use with Ford type 9 gearbox

Post by jagnut66 »

The above - 1275cc Midget/Sprite flywheel with centre bush adapter to carry the Ford first motion shaft.
Thanks for the confirmation Phil.
As I am unable to recall why it came off with so little wear to the ring gear I shall add it, clearly labelled, to my 'free to whoever needs it' spares pile for the next national.
Unless someone on here wants it now for the cost of postage (bear in mind it's large and heavy).
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)