Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
DCMVan70
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Ride height question

Post by DCMVan70 »

Hi all

I just re-bushed the front passenger side of the van. I ended up removing the torsion bar and had a bit of a struggle to get it back in and the height right. In the end to get the suspension low enough to get the torsion bar link back in I had to remove the bump stop and pull the rear torsion bar link down with a g-clamp to get the bolts in. It was not like this when I removed it.

So ... I am wondering if I have done something daft while re-bushing? I did not remove the eye bolt or the lower trunnion link or the bolt from the upper lever arm of the damper. I did unscrew the top trunnion link to check the condition of the threads, but I am pretty sure it went back on in the same place - I screwed it all the way on and then backed it off to ensure correct motion. I also compared the length of the vertical with the other side and they seem to be the same.

The ride height seems good after a bit of driving around - am I worrying about nothing, as I will do the driver's side next weekend?
Regards
David
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Ride height question

Post by philthehill »

The end result is what matters not how you did the job.
You do not have to remove the torsion bar or lower thick suspension arm to replace the bushes in the eye bolt or top trunnion.
Use the search facility find the easy way/information for replacing the bushes in the chassis leg eye bolt and top trunnion.
The threads in the top trunnion/swivel have no effect on the ride height.
If the ride height is now ok - jobs done. :D