Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
midget
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Electric cooling fan.

Post by midget »

I would like recommendation please for make of above kit for Minor rad.
There are a fair few options to choose from so am unsure which one works best on the Minor rad. I have 1275 A+ fitted and not keen on the modified standard fan mod. Accuspark 14 " looks ok, but having suffered with their ignition kit in the past, I am a little wary?
I am aware that some owners swear by them!
John
Pete Bags
Minor Fan

Re: Electric cooling fan.

Post by Pete Bags »

Hi,

I fitted the Revotec electric fan last year to my warmed up 1098, and I've been very pleased with the results. Although it comes with an adjustable, automatic switch, I also fitted their manual over-ride switch 'just in case'!

I hope you find something that works for you.
ColinChandler
Minor Fan

Re: Electric cooling fan.

Post by ColinChandler »

Another vote for Revotec from me too. Mine is fitted in front of the rad but where ever you put yours, make sure the fan blows in the right direction. I also like their temp controller too. I cut the radiator hose in two to insert it and it makes a nice tidy job of sensing the temp. I'm not sure if they still make them anymore but much better than the older method of a split tapered silicon seal thing through which you passed a capillary tube at the same time trying to get a radiator hose over the top of it all without it leaking.
Best wishes, Colin.