Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Axolotl
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Traveller wood sqeak

Post by Axolotl »

My Traveller has developed an annoying sort of rattle or squeak, or squeaky rattle, that sounds as though its coming somewhere from the waist to the top of the passenger-side "B" pillar.

There doesn't seem to be any movement between the door and the frame, and the striker plate and locating pin both seem to be tight.

It sounds as though it could be the wood moving against the metalwork somewhere, but I can't detect any signs of movement when I pull and push things manually.

I checked the external visible cross-head bolts that hold the wooden frame to the metal further down the pillar, which were a bit loose, so I tightened them, maybe half a turn, but it hasn't made the noise go away.

I can't see how the wood is fixed to the pillar or the roof, so don't know where to start trying to cure the noise.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Is it likely to be something that can be got at fairly easily and is it a common problem?

(or just one of the joys of living with a Traveller :-? )
Cheers, Axolotl.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant.
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

I had exactly that squeek and it disappeared when I tightened the screws into the B post - and I mean tightened with an impact driver.

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

I found mine has a squeak in the height of summer, but it went as it cooled.

I guess you can try and remove them, but its bound to be a feature that may come and go. I actually miss the squeak now! (as well as my car at the moment while work is done)
Rob
Lizzy 1970 Morris Minor Traveller and Noah 1969 Morris Mini Traveller
ImageImage