Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
muggwump
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Bootlid rubber

Post by muggwump »

I need to put the correct rubber seal on my bootlid. In the past some one has fitted an earlier seal to the car rather than the bootlid and I don't think it is sealing very well and doesn't allow the boot to close flush with the rest of the body.
My question is how do I secure the new rubber seal to the boot lid?
8009STEVE
Minor Legend

Post by 8009STEVE »

evostick?
Squiggle
Minor Addict

Re: Bootlid rubber

Post by Squiggle »

muggwump wrote:I need to put the correct rubber seal on my bootlid. In the past some one has fitted an earlier seal to the car rather than the bootlid and I don't think it is sealing very well and doesn't allow the boot to close flush with the rest of the body.
My question is how do I secure the new rubber seal to the boot lid?
My rubber seal fits onto a raised 'lip' on the car not on the lid. Different designs I guess... Assuming I've got it right ... :roll:

1952 Series MM, 918cc sidevalve, 4 door saloon in Empire Green with a matching hotwater bottle
0-60 eventually
Chief
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Chief »

seeing your thread reminded me of a great post someone made ages ago. Well I hunted for it for you, but it seems to have vanished. So I've copied it off a printout I had and put it in the useful tips section:

http://morrisminoroc.co.uk/index.php?na ... ic&t=21074

As stated, I'm not the original author but I hope it helps.
Squiggle
Minor Addict

Post by Squiggle »

Chief wrote:seeing your thread reminded me of a great post someone made ages ago. Well I hunted for it for you, but it seems to have vanished. So I've copied it off a printout I had and put it in the useful tips section:

http://morrisminoroc.co.uk/index.php?na ... ic&t=21074

As stated, I'm not the original author but I hope it helps.
Interesting and many thanks.

To quote some of it:

There are 2 seal types, the earlier one fitted to th boot lid of
the car and is a thin piece of rubber of the push on type.

The second one is a much larger square foam type, the interior resembling an Aero bar, the outer covered with rubber.
To ascertain which one fits yours check and double-check with your supplier.

Mine is the push on type and it definately fits onto the car not the lid. It does need glueing down tho'.

Having said that ..... maybe I'd better check as one of my jobs on the list is to find the leaks......

1952 Series MM, 918cc sidevalve, 4 door saloon in Empire Green with a matching hotwater bottle
0-60 eventually