Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Siros
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Fuel filler pipe rubber seal

Post by Siros »

Hi folks,
Does anyone have any idea how to seal the fuel filler pipe neck seal, against the bodywork on a traveller? Mine seems to be only sealed by the tension of the seal pipe into the rubber filler tube. Unfortunately, this causes the seal to bulge outwards on the outside and causes the steel pipe to drop down against the aluminium panel and in turn prevents the inside trim from positioning correctly against the internal woodwork.
Is it that I just need a new filler pipe neck seal or is mastic or something else a good option?
Any ideas or pointers would be much appreciated.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
8009STEVE
Minor Legend

Re: Fuel filler pipe rubber seal

Post by 8009STEVE »

Maybe a new rubber seal?
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

It looks to me like there's too much of the rubber seal pushed inside the car. My seal sits flush on the metal side of the car - is the filler pipe the right length? I used a small blob of a non paint disturbing sealant to seal it to the side of my car. Take a look at the picture of poster Christoph's "1970Maroon traveller London" in Cars for Sale This shows how the seal should lie.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
ian.mcdougall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by ian.mcdougall »

filler neck pushed too far into the rubber connector to the fuel tank