Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mollymooz
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Esm or bull motif

Post by Mollymooz »

Hi without sounding biased or to disrespect anybody

Who as the strongest best replacement panels or are they the same from both dealers
Thanks
PaulTubby
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Esm or bull motif

Post by PaulTubby »

ESM are now supplying Henric panels, which was and our superb items.....
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Not true Paul,

ESM are supplying panels that they make in conjunction with the Morris Minor Center in Bath using the old Hadrian equipment (ESM & MMC Bath bought the tooling when Hadrian went bust ~2 years ago). They have obtained the Hentrics tooling as part of this purchase (Hadrian bought out Henrics some time ago).

My (limted) experience of the ESM panels is that they are thicker metal than was previously available and fit as well as any could reasonably be expected for a pattern part (i.e. not bad at all).

Where possible I am now using the ESM panels as a preference.
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

matt.. this is taken off ESM website

Following the sale of LMC Hadrian at the end of 2011 we, in partnership with Nic Harding of Morris Minor Centre (Bath) Ltd, purchased all of the LMC Hadrian Morris Minor panel tooling and so secured the future production of these panels. This excitingly included the original Henric tooling and will allow us to continue the manufacture of all of these panels in the U.K. for a great many years to come. The panel tooling totaled in excess of a hundred tools and it took most of last year to relocate and re-commission them. We prioritised getting the panels back into production that were most urgently needed and are now finally re-commissioning the last of the tools. All panels look like being back on the shelf by the end of this month and we are truly thrilled with the quality and the fact that we have generally been able to hold their prices and avoid increases.

Henric tools are now back in production. This includes almost all of the commercial's panels as well as the "A" post that hasn't been available for many years

I rang them and the panels they now produce inc all van and pickup are used with HENRIC tooling........
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

No connection but I think it's great that a company has rescued the panels and keeping them in production. So hats off to you.
minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

Always ESM !!!

stanley0070
Minor Fan

Post by stanley0070 »

I'd vote for ESM they are just the best...

Tudge
Minor Fan

Post by Tudge »

I haven't bought any panels from either of the companies, but in terms of service, I would go ESM.

I did an order of parts a few weeks back, half from ESM, and half Bull Motif, at the same time, to compare the two companies.

ESM - delivery within 2 days of the order, and no problems other than them sending me the wrong sticker & they sent me the right one v. quickly after I emailed them. Top notch.

Bull Motif - 6 working days to deliver some of the order, but they didn't send the wing mirrors I ordered, they said they would 'be in the post asap'. 2 weeks later I phoned them,having heard nothing from them, they said they had a problem with their supplier and they would ring me back. They didn't. I eventually got my mirrors a few days after I phoned them.
1965 2Dr - She's called Lola

PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

ESM for me 99 percent of the time, however I have recently purchased a new radiator of Bull Motif, and they are superb! Very happy, and outright sale. ESM sell them on a exchange basis or heavy surcharge.... so less messing around....
GBond
Minor Fan

Post by GBond »

Currently I've bought most of my parts from ESM and I'm very happy with their service and prices.

I've also placed an order with Bull Motif and, while international shipping was cheaper I'm still waiting for the parts to arrive so can't comment there.

I also used David Manners for some parts neither of the other two had in stock and liked the fact that they package in individual bags telling you what each part is, which is useful when you buy several different washers and grommets for example and don't want to confuse them.
Gabriel
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I split between Bull Motif and David Manners, with ESM and TOM ROY thrown in occasionally when I'm struggling to source something. They have all provided excellent service, so I have no complaints at present and when I have had in the past they were dealt with quickly and without quibble.

So to summarise I vote for them all, as plenty of competition is healthy...... and keeps the prices down!! :P

As to panels, with all the comments on here that even the best quality ones have to be fettled allot to get them to fit, I would (and have) buy the best originals you can find (paying as little as possible, of course!! 8) ) and, if necessary, repair them.

I've just fitted my repaired second-hand boot-lid and it fits neater than my original one did!
Keeping my old one though, along with my old wing, as a future practice panel....

As an aside, left in their original colours I would have a Trafalgar Blue tub, Almond Green doors, Dove?? Grey Wings, Bonnet and boot lid :lol: .......
.............however on the down side one of my rear wings would still be Pink...................... YUK!

Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

I would definitely recommend ESM - I have had superb service, prompt efficient delivery and great advice when I've needed it too. They also manage to avoid what can only be described as "sharp practice" which I've experienced elsewhere.
]
M25VAN
Minor Addict

Post by M25VAN »

PaulTubby wrote:ESM for me 99 percent of the time, however I have recently purchased a new radiator of Bull Motif, and they are superb! Very happy, and outright sale. ESM sell them on a exchange basis or heavy surcharge.... so less messing around....
ESM sell Rads outright as well, made from original BMC tooling....
http://morrisminorspares.co.uk/shop/pro ... 413ba041c3
a8pte
Minor Fan

Post by a8pte »

esm every time fantastic service
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Has anyone clicked on the --Latest News--icon on the esm website? It shows some of the tooling used for making panels, with some information. I've always found them tops for delivery.

IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

ESM sell Rads outright as well, made from original BMC tooling....
http://morrisminorspares.co.uk/shop/pro ... 413ba041c3[/quote]

Thats nice. Other new rads around look so wrong with heavy pressed grooves across the top of the header tank (why?) Good that you can get an original looking one :)
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
bmxer

Post by bmxer »

Hi all

Is ESM still the place to go for panels ?
67-2door
Minor Fan

Post by 67-2door »

Used to use both. Just ESM get my business now, cant fault them.

PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

ESM for me still/ although if you order on line and spend over £60 you get free delivery but if you ring and spend same amount you have to pay which is very annoying as you cant always be sat in front of a pc!
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

Both supply pretty much the same range and manufacture of panels and both are good. Whatever suits. ESM probably have a nicer website for online ordering but not much in it really....
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!