Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: flex in floor

Post by panky »

It's a similar sized cylinder to the smaller of the Argoshield ones, maybe a bit smaller. I got it from Kay Welding Supplies in St Helens, not sure if it's a franchise, but others I know have had similar deals in other areas and different suppliers.[frame]Image[/frame]

The picture makes it look a bit stubbier than it actually is. The only drawback (if you can call it that) is that you have to return it within the four year cylinder test period other wise you have to pay the full price again.
olderisbetter
Minor Addict

Post by olderisbetter »

Thanks and yes it looks about the same size as the argoshield bottle, i will have a google and see if any local companies do a deal like yours, thanks.

robandsophie
Minor Fan

Post by robandsophie »

Whats the best way of removing waxoyl theres loads of it in the sills, but has rusted and needs welding.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Wipe it away? Steam clean it ? Set fire to it - carefully.....
ImageImage
robandsophie
Minor Fan

Post by robandsophie »

Setting fire to it! Tempting... Tempting but not sure I am brave enough to chance that. Theres so much of it I think the car would go Bang.
Redmoggy
Minor Fan

Post by Redmoggy »

Paint thinner in one of those siphon guns you get for spraying de greaser with a compressor?

Rod
robandsophie
Minor Fan

Post by robandsophie »

Hi been a while. Melvyn the morris is current being sorted at a local firm. Will post pictures soon. The panels welded were good panels on-top of rusty ones, hence started falling apart. Also general poor welding (very well hidden). The guy working on it couldn't believe the mess they made; he reckoned the way they had hidden their work must have taken as long as if they had done the job properly.
Anyone want to guess who the original garage were?
Anyway will post pictures soon.
amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

" Anyone want to guess who the original garage were? "
What, you mean you want us to guess WARE abouts the original garage is? :wink: :lol:

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
ImageImage
robandsophie
Minor Fan

Post by robandsophie »

[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]

Hi, this is just some of the poor welding removed by local firm. The previous firm (anyone want to guess who?) welded over rusting metal... Why?? As previously stated the chap repairing Mervyn the morris (not melvyn as previous stated - bleeding auto-correct) said it must have taken them as long to botch it up as to repair it properly!
Anyway, the firm doing the work have now cut all the rubbish out, and repaired with new panels. Made a cracking job of it, spot on welding, will attach some pics soon

Rob