Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Johnno
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

series mm.

Post by Johnno »

Hiya all,just a quickie.What ,if any differences are there in the front wings for a series mm to any other model?May be one for cam to answer?All the best.
Power to your Pistons,Johnnydoome.
brixtonmorris
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by brixtonmorris »

unless its a low light theres not much difference.
mm high light wing is the same as later wings but it does not have a indicator/ side light hole.
also the profile of the wing where the hockey stick fits is different
lowedb
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by lowedb »

Some SIIs and therefore I gues MM highlights have a larger wheelarch than the later 100s. I'm not sure at what point they change, though.
Hello from Audrey, Beast, Tara, Robin, and of course Mog.

[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/b12225ef.jpg[/img][img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h125/lowedb/553409b1.jpg[/img]
Cam

Post by Cam »

Hi Johnno,

The highlight front wings (from September 1950) are the same as the early Series II ones (up to October 1954). They differ in a few ways from the later type (post October 1954). Firstly as Brixton points out there is no indicator/sidelight hole and the profile of the inner edge of the wing is different where it meets the front grille and is held in place with the hockey sticks. Also there is no overlap in-between the headlamp and the bonnet as is found on later cars.

The late Minor 1000 wings CAN be adapted to fit quite easily as the rest of the mounting points are the same. Personally I have bought some early 1951 wings for my 1952 car that need the rear edge repairing and I have taken the adapted Minor 1000 wings off and will use them to repair the 1951 ones.

lowedb,
The front wheelarches are the same for all models. Only the rear arches were different. The 'high-cut' rear wings were used from September 1948 until September 1956 when the Minor 1000 came in.
Johnno
Minor Fan

Post by Johnno »

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.Ok.Its just that I have been offered two wings from an "early" car.I"ll look into it.Many thanks for taking the time to reply.All the best.
Power to your Pistons,Johnnydoome.