Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
don58van
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: windscreen fitting

Post by don58van »

I seem to recall that ESM have got round the problem of poorly fitting seals by selling an adjusted-size glass for the splittie
I agree. I read this on their website.

On a related issue concerning the single piece screen this time, has anyone had success fitting the chrome/stainless steel insert to the rubber surround of an already-installed windscreen? As I understand it, the normal method is to fit the metal insert to the rubber before the windscreen is installed (I am open to being corrected on this).

Don
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by palacebear »

don58van wrote: On a related issue concerning the single piece screen this time, has anyone had success fitting the chrome/stainless steel insert to the rubber surround of an already-installed windscreen? As I understand it, the normal method is to fit the metal insert to the rubber before the windscreen is installed (I am open to being corrected on this).
I have seen this method used (years ago) in a BL dealers body shop, on cars with plastic chrome inserts, but not seen it done on a Minor.
1956 4-door called Max
can687
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by can687 »

In reply to Declan asking me where I got the new windscreen seal, I got it and the chrome trim from Charles Ware in Bristol. The previous new seal that I tried to fit came from Bull Motif but this was the one that the chrome trim kept coming out.I hope that info helps someonelse.
Peter
Declan_Burns
Minor Legend

Post by Declan_Burns »

Thanks Peter,
Noted.
Regards
Declan

Regards
Declan
lellyden
Minor Friendly

Post by lellyden »

Had the same problem. Could not get the insert to fit. Paid a windscreen fitter £20. 10 minutes later job done.