Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
martin418
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

4 door front striker plate

Post by martin418 »

hi does any one know if a 2 door striker plate will fit a 4 door as i cant find one , bull motif say on their parts list they will fit , the spring won't stay in mine as its so worn , i don't want to swap it for the n/s as my doors shut so well
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: 4 door front striker plate

Post by ManyMinors »

I believe they will. My 4door car has a 2door one on one side. Which begs the question.....Why were they different in the first place :-?
philthehill
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by philthehill »

The door striker plate (Pt No: AAA3337 (MOSS)) whether fitted to a two or four door car will fit both.
The only difference is the width (vertical) of the striker plate. The two door striker plate is 28,7mm wide. The 4 door striker plate is narrower at 20.1mm.

I do have a NOS four door striker plate (still in its BMC packaging Pt No: AAA3317) available if required @ £16 inc P&P.

I suspect that the size of the catch plate is relative to the door mass. The two door catch is larger to hold and contain the larger mass/weight of the single door.
Phil
Attachments
door striker plate.jpg
door striker plate.jpg (68.55 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Last edited by philthehill on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

martin418
Minor Fan

Post by martin418 »

thank you i could not see why they changed it given bmc liked to use a lot of common parts to all models