Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Bry
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Convertible hood locking pins

Post by Bry »

Trouble removing worn convertible hood locating pins.Screw heads rounded off. Thinking whether to try cutting bracket carefully with my cut off tool
Trouble removing worn convertible hood locating pins.Screw heads rounded off. Thinking whether to try cutting bracket carefully with my cut off tool.
Declan_Burns
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Convertible hood locking pins

Post by Declan_Burns »

Bry,
I would try and carefully cut a slot in the head of the screws with a small grinding disc on a Dremel first so you can get a screw driver in. Use penetrating oil before trying to remove them.
Regards
Declan

Regards
Declan
Bry
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Bry »

Cheers declan. That's what I thought. I've only got a 3" cut off tool but think it should be okay.
Btw I managed to fix hood frame and after a test drive seems fine now. Just need to do these locking pins now. :)
Trouble removing worn convertible hood locating pins.Screw heads rounded off. Thinking whether to try cutting bracket carefully with my cut off tool.
Declan_Burns
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by Declan_Burns »

Bry,
Well done repairing the hood frame!
Try and save the original pins. I find the new repro pins don't fit very well. I could never get my hood to close with them as they are a completely different shape. It might be just an alignment issue with my car though.
Regards
Declan

Regards
Declan